[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Urgent Request!

Urgent Request!

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Urgent Request!

Postby Satch » 09 Jul 2012 16:28

This is slightly (and predictably) off topic, but all of the raging/leaving games prematurely these days is simply because the end game of almost every match is extremely dull, and I do not blame people for leaving rather than watching 10 minutes of absolutely nothing. I have literally been playing D3 on my laptop at the end of most games.

I'd say — and this is not an exaggeration — that 80% of my games end up with me telling/barking at my team mates not to move during the end game/running until timeout, and it's all down to mine abuse (and by that I mean maps with 20+ sets of mines on them).

Take the last game on Tower for example. My team spawned top left, whilst the opposition spawned top mid. Top mid is significantly better as you can occupy the hills at the northern side, and get fairly good control over the central area of the map. Our only option was to move South and take the bottom "Tower", which we planned on doing. The trouble was, the bottom passage up to the southern tower was already mined, so the only option was staying South West and camping on a point advantage (despite StAtrill's efforts to sabotage that plan), which we did.

The standard counter to mines such as heavies/arty/wasting shields to run over them does not work when there are 20+ sets of mines on the map, so you are better not moving at all. All you can manage to do using these methods is clear the first wave of mines, which puts your shield-less meds, arties, and heavies in serious danger.

The way the game is played at the moment makes for long, drawn out, and fairly unexciting games, and it's all because of those little bastards you're planting over every inch of the map. You guys know who you are >:(

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 11 Jul 2012 20:01

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 18 Jul 2012 22:10

Just a quick note! After a night of awesome 3v3s (on a monday!) Ghat suggested I leave a note on the forum on days that we are hanging around!

So consider this my note :)

Jump in anyone!

-Statrill

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 22 Jul 2012 14:17

As I said (dunno where exactly) leave a note on the GCvets fb page and if I'm working on the computer I'll surely save it and go for a couple of games.

About the mines: I agree 20+ packs make it difficult but then, 1 scout is useful not only for its mines but for its view range, more than 1 is usually (not always) not a good idea as it weaks your army a bit too much.

BTW: STOP ragequitting! you bunch of damn you ò.Ô

Previous

Return to Ground Control - General