[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Greetings

Greetings

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Greetings

Postby Satch » 08 Apr 2012 02:06

I understand you might not be enjoying the game or the learning curve (GC doesn't even have a particularly large learning curve by the way), but quitting after playing a couple of tournament games is worse than not playing in the tournament at all.

Sure, I can remove your previous games/scores without too much hassle, but the point is that people have arranged to play games that now do not matter, when they could have been playing "real" games.

I have no idea why you mention losing to Echo as a turning point. Echo has been playing the game for a very long time and performs really well despite her setup not being ideal (laptop and poor connection). Expecting to beat anyone in a game more than ten years old when you have only been playing multiplayer for a couple of months is unrealistic.

While we're on the topic of things being realistic and crusaders being able to survive against tanks for so long... Why does this matter? This is a strategy game, not a simulation, realism should not come at the cost of fun and balanced gameplay mechanics. Does it matter that anti air units can't aim slightly lower and hit ground units? No, it doesn't. Does it make sense that you can't move your radar after positioning it? No again. You can see where I'm going with this!
Last edited by Satch on 08 Apr 2012 02:13, edited 1 time in total.

Beginner

Postby Justinian » 08 Apr 2012 02:12

It was turning point because it was close one, and 2nd battle gave me a boost... Anyway sorry, I am going to respect this, and to play against all others as I signed up! I won't play standard battles often as I used to do in last few weeks. But for tournament, count me in, since quiting now would be a real disrespect to all players and not fair!

Justinian out (to bed)!

Board-General

Postby Satch » 08 Apr 2012 02:22

Thanks Justinian, although if playing the game isn't enjoyable for you, remember that I can remove your scores if necessary, do not feel that you have to spend your time doing something you don't want to do.

If you do continue in the tournament, please remember that you will have to play all your remaining games, let me know what you want to do.

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 08 Apr 2012 16:32

Hey Justinian,

I can really understand your point of view since I was there also ... years ago and to speak for my case, I also will lose the most matches because I have a deficit in training and practice. My last game was already 2 weeks ago and all you guys played every week-end... but thats the way it is...

But no worries, the time will come where you will become a great warrior... ;-)

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 08 Apr 2012 19:46

Beginner

Postby Justinian » 08 Apr 2012 19:46

Beginner

Postby Justinian » 08 Apr 2012 20:06

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 09 Apr 2012 09:15

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 09 Apr 2012 11:28

well i have to be honest lol about that timer issue, sometimes when the lag is absurd you see like still 5 or 6 seconds to end the game and it ends suddenly before the clock reaches 00:00, anyway nothing more than 5 secs, and the lag needs to be really high, and its not the case for justinian i think, so i have no clue really why that happened.

And justinian, about leaving or staying, well i truly hope the motive isn't that you win or lose too many matches, though a person can't and shall not "obligate" you to stick around, i simply think that a game is a game, and it hardly goes over that... it would certainly be sad for us to see you leaving for such a reason like this. We are having a tournament yes true but it's for fun more than anything else same reason we all meet Fridays, etc.

And also as you can see all the people took their time to learn the game thats the beuty about it... almost every match you do with same people and same squads can turn out to be completely different, anyway if you decide to leave i hope you can come back, and by that time we will welcome you once more.

cheers.

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 09 Apr 2012 11:43

HI all,

you will have your decision to make about your leaving, but be sure your account will always be set to "active" here, so that you can come in whenever you like.

If you decide to stay, we all are happy to see you in some games again, mate.

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - General