[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - New Player Bonanza

New Player Bonanza

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: New Player Bonanza

Postby Echoscout » 11 Mar 2012 16:40

Nox, on the blog the links on the right, "GC Misc Downloads" is a broken link. I don't think Massive's site is reliable anymore, as they've moved on with Far Cry and Assassin's Creed...

..BUT, I'll do you one better. As I said last night in game, their FTP site is still up, amazingly! :mrgreen: With all maps (multi-player and single-player custom like Enrica Valley and Kevx's remake of the OND missions "Clear The Way" (airbase) and "Important Cargo" (Achara rescue mission) -- really love those remake's.

Also, wanted to point out the former MSV forums, which have been archived on Massgate's site, which you may want to link to also. But who knows how long those will be up (I really need to archive the old fiction forums from there). Same goes for the MSV FTP site.

Cheers! :D

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 11 Mar 2012 17:16

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 11 Mar 2012 17:29

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 11 Mar 2012 19:00

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 11 Mar 2012 19:26

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 12 Mar 2012 00:46

Just posting to let you guys know,

I just finished a couple 1v1v1s with Tomahawk and microcosm, apparently also two newbs (like me ^^)!

I put the invite out for the group, and told them when we meet. Looks like this community may be much bigger than we thought! :D

-Cameron

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 12 Mar 2012 10:58

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 13 Mar 2012 02:22

And Sarvik, thanks for that list, I have all the maps now (minus the unplayable single-player ones) and organized them, really helps! :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 14 Mar 2012 09:20

Glad I could hlep :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 14 Mar 2012 20:31

I am sure there is already something like that or has been in the past:

Can someone make a short techref about what a new GC player needs? I think of little guidline for (and this after almost 12 years of existence) new players of Ground Control could need as an technical reference?! What do you think?

Also I thought about (and there was something like that on the REGNUM-IRAE's site or AR) what good combinations of units can be or are recommendable when you are a beginner.

If someone is going to create something like that, I will make a "sticky" out of it in the tactics forum.

What you guys think of it?

Cheers, CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - General