[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - New Player Bonanza

New Player Bonanza

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

New Player Bonanza

Postby Admiral Ghat » 03 Mar 2012 03:47

So it's winding down after the usual friday night games, and just me, Carter, and 360 are still on. At that point I'm ready to go and 360 says "hey, there's another GC game open." Lo and Behold he was right! A whole other GC game with 5 other players! Practically a miracle. Plus the best part (for me, anyway) I can join their hosted games! So we have a few rounds, and almost everyone there was new, but it was still awesome to have fresh players. Here's hoping all you guys are reading this and come around for more games next week :D . Can't seem to post a screenshot here but I'll forward them to Nox.

Board-General

Re: New Player Bonanza

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 03 Mar 2012 14:32

Hey Ghat,

sounds great, I will be there tonight also. :-) Hopefully there will also some players tonight...

You can Post Screenshots here, but you have to use a service as live, picasa, flickr or photobucket and then post the image-link to here.

For example:

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Satch » 03 Mar 2012 15:30

Was certainly an interesting night of GC; crashes, lag (for me, at least), ragequits, a horde of new players, games with literally 24+ sets of mines on the map, and bitching (from my good self regarding said mines). I'm tempted to write a melodramatic thread on why such extreme scout usage is holding back more exciting styles of play and teamwork.

To get back on topic, I'd be interested to know if the new players are entirely due to CM's forum — it seems unlikely for the recent influx of players to be coincidental.

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 03 Mar 2012 16:32

Hard to say. You rather have to start a survey then ;-).

The first thing is that people thanks to Nox(er) found out that there is still a GC Community and the second thing is that they perhaps they gained to by this forum that it is still active and alive (our community).

But even when I have not met the most of the new players yet, I am really glad that they are there and that they are also here on this board. ;-)

Cheers!

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 06 Mar 2012 23:57

Board-General

Postby Satch » 07 Mar 2012 00:29

That mine post will take me several weeks to write - there's just so much for me to rage about. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 07 Mar 2012 18:43

Board-General

Postby Satch » 08 Mar 2012 21:14

Evidently, this is your first encouter with the table-flip smilie, Nox. It's probably the most overused smilie of them all, but sometimes I just can't help using it.

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 10 Mar 2012 12:14

The good ol'throwing a table smily... have not seen it for...never before... :-).

That was a good Friday night (2012-03-09). Thx guys.

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 11 Mar 2012 13:07

Next

Return to Ground Control - General