How to let most famous ground control?

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Real Member

How to let most famous ground control?

Postby GCMarcos » 07 Jul 2014 01:42

I wonder if more people played Ground Control I would not need to wait to play Friday and Saturday, we are few who know the game, It is no question as to leave most famous ground control? GameRanger well as in Age Of Empires,WarCraft,Fifa etc, more game rooms Ground Control.

Board-General

Re: How to let most famous ground control?

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 08 Jul 2014 22:03

Hi there,

even when GC was new and shiny, and Masgate was still supporting GC, the community was never that large, nothing in comparison to the Starcraft, C&C, AOE, numbers , not even close. Most games then were played week-ends and there was the odd week-day matches. It is a real shame that this game never really took off. We are a small community and you do get the die hard and regular players, but we are not recruiting enough people to make this a main stream game. How do you sell a 14 year old game to the masses these day's anyway? There are few Vets here under the age of 25, lets just say that this game is an acquired taste and gets better with age... I am just happy that there are people here who enjoy playing my maps .

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 09 Jul 2014 19:24

I have to agree with Ninja. I wouldn't even know where to begin marketing a 14yr old game to the masses.

Not to mention the general decline in PC games over the past decade. Growing up in the '90s and early 2000s, there was an entire aisle in the electronics department at Walmart, Target, etc. dedicated to PC games. Now? Maybe a four foot section, maybe six or eight feet if you're lucky. And most of those are games that were released five years ago, or the classics (Starcraft, Warcraft, etc.)

The general public is more interested in the platforms and mobile games on their smartphones. Good luck getting GC on that. :roll:

Real Member

Postby GCMarcos » 10 Jul 2014 01:56

Ninja you could not leave the most advanced graphics in GC Reais and ''SIMPLIFY'' the game? I believe that is old but there's nothing else to do on GC? There is do not be a third version of this game and to put on <tablets> and <smartphones> on the PC.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 10 Jul 2014 05:37

We have been down this road before, we tried contacting Rebellion Software who hold the IP for this title. I wish they would do something about it, as they like to do mobile device games, ie. Dredd V Zombies to name but one. How would you even port GC onto a smartphone or mobile device?
Before I forget, welcome to the community...

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 22 Jul 2014 23:41

i dont know what you guys are talking about but i saw (ground control and famous) on this discussion so here is goes one thing we could do to help is making the download for ground control available on more websites like on sourceforge,mediafire,etc.

how would this help? you may ask

well it ups the chance that someone will download it and join our community(would help if a link was in the description to the gcvets website)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby GCMarcos » 29 Sep 2014 04:13

Yes MediaFire is good, but how? and how to attract more people to play? young people of today,Are only interested in games of PS3,PS4 or mobile devices,truth is Nobody wants to go back in time in relation to games,we expect a miracle.(the game is very old)

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 01 Oct 2014 20:08

If this game could be successfully ported on to console or mobile device's , then we might have a chance, its needs to be available on more than just one media. That's why when I heard that Rebellion had acquired the IP for this game, I thought that they might be thinking of porting this onto mobile devices.... I guess I was wrong about that.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 01 Oct 2014 21:04

i hate the thought of putting gc on mobile devices / gaming consoles it was not made for that, it would be very hard to play gc with those "devices"
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Return to Ground Control - General