Forum registration and administration

You want to improve something or have complaints regarding the board. Please leave a note.
Board-General

Forum registration and administration

Postby Sarvik » 05 Apr 2014 14:37

Yesterday evening we had one vet returning and pointed out issue that he couldn't register on forums as its flat out disabled atm. And similar issue has been brought up earlier with some sphooky's buddy. So what I think should change when CM checks again here and can reorganize stuff:
1. New account registration should be re-enabled but require manual administrator approval to avoid spambot attacks.
2. We should get extra 2-3 administrators to make previous point work, and make sure we have redundancy in case of prolonged absences. Nox is obvious choice. Other candidates that come in mind for me: Ghat, Carter, Ninja.

Feel free to comment, disagree etc.

Board-General

Re: Forum registration and administration

Postby shpooky » 07 Apr 2014 23:09

i agree with everything you just said
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 08 Apr 2014 20:23

I second this. Sent a PM to CM, hoping it notifies him by email.

-Stat

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 12 Apr 2014 22:06

I third it :)

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 16 Apr 2014 20:20

Sorry for letting you wait!

As it is to read in "annoucements", the registration is open again. I hope that the new QA will keep SPAM away for a moment. But I will have a look for a better anti SPAM CAPTCHA thingy.

Hope that you are all well on the battlefield!

Cheers
CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 16 Apr 2014 20:56

yay!
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 23 Apr 2014 16:22

Just to update this: the registration is up again and for now it seems that the keyCaptcha is keeping SPAM away.

So we can welcome new members to our board, and hopefully no more spambots... ;-)

Have a great time on Krig!

Cheers
CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 24 Apr 2014 08:47

Thanks CM! While we mostly end up talking about forum management then something goes wrong, we still appreciate your work in keeping this up :)

Return to Service Center