How to download?

Technical Problems and Issues can be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner

How to download?

Postby Benen66 » 11 May 2015 08:51

Fileplanet's down. There are no codes being given out anymore. How do i get the game (GC1) to play with you guys?

Board-General

Re: How to download?

Postby mind-pt- » 11 May 2015 23:41

Hello there,

The link in the blog goes to Fileplanet - http://www.fileplanet.com/217370/downlo ... ee-Game%29 - this link is still working and you can use it normally for downloading the game, as for the CD-KEY you don't really need one to install or play the game.

cheers!

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 12 May 2015 03:47

The fileplanet link is the way to go. If that doesn't work you can also get it on GOG but you have to buy it.

Beginner

Postby Benen66 » 14 May 2015 08:44

Thanks. I didn't know the CD key was needed. But it keeps asking for it when i click the install.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 14 May 2015 20:59

could you possibly make screens / a video of whats going on?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 15 May 2015 00:49

I should also mention that, with the game being freeware, you could "legally" torrent it. You would be lucky if you managed to find a live torrent though.

I would give my CD key, but I don't have the box with me. Just did a search of the registry, I found a key titled 'CDKey', though the value was empty.

EDIT: I just ran through the reinstall process; although it tells you you need to get a Fileplanet code (and login, etc), you simply ignore it and click next. Does this work for you?

-Stat

Beginner

Postby Benen66 » 15 May 2015 13:20

I just get "Class not recognized" and then it says "External Error" before closing the installation app

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 15 May 2015 15:10

It may be related to your browser somewhat, I personally needed to change my default browser to Firefox to get through CD key part.

Also I am a bit confused where/how exactly you get stuck though, screenshots of situation before and after error appears would make it a lot easier to understand.

Beginner

Postby Benen66 » 16 May 2015 02:35

Here it is.
Attachments
GC Prob.jpg
GC Prob.jpg (160.71 KiB) Viewed 3985 times

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 16 May 2015 08:12

See if you can't get ventrilo set up in time for tomorrow's games, and one of us (probably myself as I idle on vent early) can help walk you through a solution!

PS: I just checked installer activity, the installer doesn't attempt to connect to anything directly itself, it simply launches a webpage in the default browser (potentially passing arguments with the POST method). It is very probably worth checking out Sarve's suggestion of changing the default browser.

PPS:
I couldn't help digging a bit deeper. It turns out windows 8 breaks a great many things, and an extremely common programming one-liner to launch a web page is one of them (this method is almost certainly how the installer launches a web page). Read more here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1220 ... s/12248929

This is why I see no errors, I am win7. Switch your default browser to internet explorer (simply launching it should give you a prompt to 'set IE as default'), run the installer, then switch back to whatever browser you had before.

Then promptly uninstall internet explorer; using it is the fastest way to discover new in-the-wild exploits.

-Stat

Next

Return to Ground Control - TechNote