connection or stupid gameranger??????

Technical Problems and Issues can be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

connection or stupid gameranger??????

Postby shpooky » 01 Oct 2014 05:32

computer
OS- xp
year-2005 i think
internet speed 100.0 Mbps
network adapters:
1394 Net Adapter
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

so this is a odd case its not a normal lag issue
when i play with others at menu screen when i hover over buttons game freezes and when in game lobby same thing happens, same in game room(not the GR one)but when configuring squads it freezes every second but when in game sometimes ping jumps from 100 - 1500 in some cases ping will stay at 19-95 and game will still freeze like crazy
(and don't think this is my connection cause when i host by myself(using GR) game still acts like this)
(and computer is not slow cause when i play game with little brother on local area connection game is ok and when on tunngle game also runs smoothly)
but when im on game ranger everything goes to fucken shit!
i even tested it me and my little brother tried playing on GR together and everything still went to shit and we are in the same house!!!!
its damn GR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(but then with some people like crink game runs perfect and nothing is wrong but with white night game plays ok but there are these odd little lag spikes that happen every 10-5 seconds that cost me a squad or two during battle)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Re: connection or stupid gameranger??????

Postby shpooky » 01 Oct 2014 05:36

oh and if your thinking male ware/viruses your wrong there too! Ive got male ware bytes and ad aware(thx sarvik) and they cleaned everything out of my computer
and its not the antivirus/male ware the programs problem started way before i even thought of getting them
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 01 Oct 2014 14:41

it really seems there is something wrong with your pc, I would say in terms of frame rate stability, those "breaks" aren't normal.

Perhaps updating the graphics card drivers would help, it could be a million reasons... I had a pc that had so much dust inside (no clean for 1 and half year) that when it overheated the coolers sucked more power from the power supply (cause they had like layers of dust over the blades) reducing my frame rate, more less with the situations you describe, so you just have to do all of these shits until you find really what is the problem with your pc.

I recall you not wanting to host at all, because it gives you "lagg" but the lag you experience while hosting i think is related to low framerate rather than connection problems.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 01 Oct 2014 15:55

but the game dos not freeze when i play with other people on tunngle or on local area connection only on game ranger so i don't think its my PC i think it has more to do with game ranger cause when i use game ranger to host games/play games is when i have these problems

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 01 Oct 2014 20:13

Hi shpooky,

have you run GR in compatibility mode? I find that this normally works for me. What about your DX drives?

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 01 Oct 2014 20:59

haven't tried to put it into compatibility mod thx for the suggestion ill let you know how it goes but right now im at school D:

DX drives?

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 02 Oct 2014 02:04

well i tried all the compatibility mods i had but they did not do anything to help but then i saw (disable visual themes for program in compatibility mod menu for game ranger shortcut) so i checked that and ran gc on GR(by my self)and there was no freezing!!!!! but then when i started the game whenever i got my camera near units/animals it would start freezing(the more objects) the more it freezes now what? do i do? i fixed prob in menu and lobby/game room/configuration menu but in game it still goes to shit

we are making progress people :D

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 02 Oct 2014 14:17

shpooky wrote: but then when i started the game whenever i got my camera near units/animals it would start freezing(the more objects) the more it freezes now what? do i do? i fixed prob in menu and lobby/game room/configuration menu but in game it still goes to shit

we are making progress people :D

imagine if you do a 4v4 you will have like 10 fps... its your computer man.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 02 Oct 2014 15:52

but the problem dos not happen with other programs like tunngle

and during a 4v4 i would have 1fph :D

i can play the game normally without these issues so idk if its my comp or GR

but if you insist its my computer what could be wrong?

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 02 Oct 2014 19:04

in 2000 i had an intel pentium III 800mhz, with a graphics card that had i think 12 mbs of memory and it ran GC better than your actual computer (apparently) with a 512k connection, that is why i say it should be really your computer. I have told you before what could be wrong with it i dunno what else to tell you mate.

Next

Return to Ground Control - TechNote