Fatal Error

Technical Problems and Issues can be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Fatal Error

Postby Admiral Ghat » 12 Aug 2014 00:23

This was a new one for me, and I'm wondering if it was a GR thing or not. It happened as we were in the GC lobby getting ready to launch, in-game but not actually in the match yet.

DataX::AddPlayer():ply num is incorrect (-32)

I can assure you we weren't trying to add 32 players! Anyone have a clue?

Board-General

Re: Fatal Error

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 16 Aug 2014 06:42

Sorry not a clue, never seen GC throw up that error before, maybe Stat might know, it could be something to do with the MOD, that's all I can think of. Didn't Massive at one time try to make GC for up to 32 players in MP at one time? or had it written in the code or something, I remember reading about it a long time ago.
As long as it still allows you to play it should be ok, unless its now crashing all the time.

Board-General

Re: Fatal Error

Postby stAtrill » 20 Aug 2014 05:26

Admiral Ghat wrote:DataX::AddPlayer():ply num is incorrect (-32)

I can assure you we weren't trying to add 32 players! Anyone have a clue?
From the description, it seems to have occurred when GC was finalizing the players for the game. Although I would assume that GC serializes its data, this could occur if either GC happens to not serialize its data, and a packet arrived out-of-order, or if, for some reason, the data was corrupted before arrival.

From the posted error message, it seems GC crashed while calling the AddPlayer() method of the DataX struct/class, though I haven't yet been able to think of whatever -32 must have represented. Valid player ID numbers are 0-7. It is pretty likely that, instead of -32 players, this means the player with ID -32, which is also invalid.

I know this isn't super helpful, but I figured I would give it a shot,
-Cameron

Return to Ground Control - TechNote