Gameranger is getting foul...

Technical Problems and Issues can be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Gameranger is getting foul...

Postby ninja_prime » 26 Dec 2012 15:32

It looks like that it may also support drop-in mode! Not really sure yet will need to test it more thoroughly with other willing players, another thing it uses Ventrilo as it's main voice software...

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 26 Dec 2012 16:14

The more I use Tunngle the more I like it, it seems a lot easier to use than Gameranger...I really need more Vets to give it a go, it could be a better alternative to Gameranger IMO.

Beginner

Postby -Scratchy- » 26 Dec 2012 23:02

ninja_prime wrote:The more I use Tunngle the more I like it, it seems a lot easier to use than Gameranger...I really need more Vets to give it a go, it could be a better alternative to Gameranger IMO.
I'll reg an account by Friday. if a few other can as well we might get a few "full game" tests (this where GR fails most frequently. It would be good to see if Tunngle is less sensitive to who hosts.
Yes, I do know my avatar does looks like an angry jobbie. I feel it gives anyone considering reading my posts a reasonable amount of warning about the likely content.

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 27 Dec 2012 06:59

Great I'll be there, we can test the drop-in function and see how that works ;)

Beginner

Postby Forloftol » 02 Apr 2013 05:52

I'm a premium-lifetime member of Tunngle and have used it for a long time. I would say go for it. I've found it easier to use than GameRanger (IMO) and haven't really had any problems with it in the past with other games.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 28 May 2014 16:44

but some players cant join games on Tunngle for some reason so we are going to have to stick with GR
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 01 Jun 2014 19:58

Forloftol wrote:I'm a premium-lifetime member of Tunngle and have used it for a long time. I would say go for it. I've found it easier to use than GameRanger (IMO) and haven't really had any problems with it in the past with other games.
I personally thought tunngle was a great solution, though it had two semi-critical flaws that caused it to not outlast the patience of the vets. Namely:

1) The free interface was riddled with ads. At the time, GR only had a single ad in the 'main' window, but now GR has persistent ads in the game windows (at one point, it would just play a single ad then close), and worse, the ads play sound, while Tunngle's are silent.
2) The vets have used GR for so long that they have figured out which hosts work best, who can't join whose game, and so on. Nobody knows this information for Tunngle, and it isn't the same roster as it is for GR (for example, Nox, who is one of the better GR hosts, cannot host at all on Tunngle, and worse, cannot join games if hosted by certain people).

Compounding matters was a member who was trying to suggest the vets use neither Tngl or GR and move to a hamachi clone. Hamachi was the first service that the vets tried; I wasn't around for it, but for some reason it didn't hold up well compared to GR (at the time). Since the issue was getting confusing (one Friday, we had some people loading Tngl and some people loading GR, while the same member was trying to get everyone on the hamachi clone), the vets decided to stick with GR since it keeps things simple and we know how it works (have a host roster down, etc).

-Stat

Previous

Return to Ground Control - TechNote