Installing the Balance Mod

Technical Problems and Issues can be discussed here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner

Installing the Balance Mod

Postby Phoenixstorm » 07 Dec 2012 00:42

How does one go about patching the game with the balance mod? I would like to get involved in some Saturday and Sunday matches (I'm new to this community) but I assume that everyone here plays on gameranger with the balance mod. So how does it work? there's no .exe for auto update and I have no idea where to manually place the files in the game folder. Do I put it under mods and create a shortcut with the extension "-balanceMod"? I assume that wont work because the mods aren't in SQL databases.

Beginner

Re: Installing the Balance Mod

Postby -Scratchy- » 07 Dec 2012 00:47

I can't answer how you use the balance mod as it has been over a decade since I ran a development server for Kevx. I can tell you that all you need for Friday / Saturday nights is a default install of GC. Ventrilo is optional.

Shockingly fast answer? I just sit here 23 hours a day waiting for these posts. True story. :roll:
Yes, I do know my avatar does looks like an angry jobbie. I feel it gives anyone considering reading my posts a reasonable amount of warning about the likely content.

Board-General

Re: Installing the Balance Mod

Postby Admiral Ghat » 07 Dec 2012 01:26

The newest balance mod would actually go into the data folder in GC and you can just place it there manually. But no one has been playing on balance mod so we all just use the regular/default GC as Scratchy said. If you want to try out the mod just for fun I'm sure people still have it available. I know I do.

Return to Ground Control - TechNote