Reinforcements

All about good tactics and strategies in the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Reinforcements

Postby ninja_prime » 02 Dec 2012 16:16

Just a question, but why do you guy's not play with reinforcements? Back in the day it was always enabled and gave everyone a chance to replenish their squads to continue the fight. I have always played with Reif enabled in the past and it's only since I started playing here that this was changed. Its not that much of a deal as it means that I have to be more careful how I deploy my squads in future, and I can't be too eager to engage the enemy too quickly, as 9 times out of 10 I can expect them to be sacrificed in the opening salvo. This has always been my playing style, getting in and engaging the enemy ASAP.

Board-General

Re: Reinforcements

Postby Admiral Ghat » 03 Dec 2012 03:48

It's a different play style, obviously. Games with reinforcements on are a bit more like arcade style GC. I like having to pick squads carefully and when they're gone, they're gone. You have to be more careful and have better tactics. More realistic that way (not that GC is realistic, but at least we can control that aspect). Same reason friendly fire is enabled all the time.

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 26 May 2013 06:44

It would be great to get a few games in with reif enabled, any takers?

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 26 May 2013 16:12

Admiral Ghat wrote: Same reason friendly fire is enabled all the time.
I think I discovered another rather gay reason that friendly fire is enabled. I played a few games with some members here where friendly fire off allowed me to demo charge large swaths of their army with impunity. At least friendly fire means you can only do it once :mrgreen:

-Stat

Return to Ground Control - Tactics | Strategies