MINES! :D

All about good tactics and strategies in the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: MINES! :D

Postby Satch » 03 Dec 2012 23:17

Attacking is indeed the best strategy against that sort of rush, you can stop the lights before they get to your DZ, but that is only viable if you too are OND.

Say you (as Cray) spawn in DZ1 on Fear, and I'm in any other dropzone as OND. Even if you knew I was vortex rushing you (which you won't), you still won't be fast enough to get into a sensible place in the map to intercept my lights by the time I get there... Cray has to camp in order to stay alive, and you can't camp against the vortex.

Your jaegers might get to the hill first to waste a few gyros on the lights, but you won't get all of them (there are 8 and only 1 per squad needs to make it past).

Granted, this is in a 1v1 situation, it's easier to defend this as a team, but the fact remains that in the correct circumstances, it can't really be stopped, which is why taking vortex was banned in the first place (too many games on hilly maps turn into brainless rushes).

Beginner

Re: MINES! :D

Postby Tatavan » 18 Dec 2016 11:16

Kiitos kovasti tietoa paljon paremmin, koska en pysähdy monia etuja saaduista tiedoista, se todella merkitsee paljon. Rent my apartment

Previous

Return to Ground Control - Tactics | Strategies