Crayven Corp. vs Order of the New Dawn

All about good tactics and strategies in the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Crayven Corp. vs Order of the New Dawn

Postby stAtrill » 02 Apr 2012 02:10

My deal with the beams is being effective with them - I just cannot use them as effectively as some of the other members of the board. I know what I'm supposed to do, it just frequently doesn't go according to plan.

I have started loading out drones more because of this. It is much easier to catch someone by surprise by droning them from behind a wall where they cannot see you.

Also, seeing satch use boosters really blew my mind - he punched right through renegade sarvik and started on me, and I wasted all kinds of specials trying to kill him. I had never known that you could stack them like that.

My vote (FWIW) is to allow boosters and vortex. Vortex could be indispensable for breaking tight formations (although, I have never gotten to use it in a MP game).

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 02 Apr 2012 15:02

So, the most of us agree then to allow the following: air=yes | vortex=yes | boosters=yes.

This will give some spice into MP :-).

But there is also another Topic I thought of: What is about DC (Dark Conspiracy)? The network component DC uses is the same as GC uses. Theoretically we just have to define the gc.exe with the "-mod DARK CONSPIRACY" parameter as the default gc.exe in GR. I will try that tonight. If this will work, we can play DC again (means DC Units in MP).

Now you will ask: what about the players that have no DC. It is definately no problem to host these files, just in terms of law it is. I will think about a solution.. ;-).

BTW: I will host all my archive soon. You peeps are invited to download all Files for redundancy as far as my NAS RAID will fail, all GC Files are saved over the world ;-). And more good news: I found Ninja primes Rebellion Mod with patch again, it will be available in the archive too.

Does one of you have the real war mod of Kevx? Have not found it and I found no valid E-Mail of Ninja or Kevx.

Does one of you using PERL?

Cheers,
CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Beginner

Postby Justinian » 02 Apr 2012 15:38

I agree with CrayvenMarine. I have Dark Conspiracy and that would be good improvment for online battles. Crayven units will get additional unit -valuable radar terradyne, while OND gets useless Order of Faithful. Phoenix are some kind of combination and balance between Cray and Ond. Only minus from DC are Power armor units - I would avoid and ban them in playing online battles, don't know about others...

[Crayven-Marine] wrote:Does one of you using PERL?

Do you mean about programming language or is it something about GC? :mrgreen:

mhawk wrote:Justinian, the easiest way for me to show you what cray can do is probably for you to play me 1 on 1 I'll go cray you go ond.

It would be the easiest for you, but that would prove nothing, since you are GCVeteran, have great experience and many battles, while I am new in online battles. Of course that it is not all about the fractions, a lot depends of player skills too, but combination of those two gives results... And I am not so used to play with Ond...

The best way and example of Cray vs ONd -would be that you play with Cray against some GCVet, such as BD or nOX, who will pick up Ond, that would be proper matchup and real deal - much better proof of balance between those two, then what you can show in our battle.

Anway, I am ready and would like to play against you in 1vs1... You will win for sure, but don't except to do it without casualties and losses :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 02 Apr 2012 21:37

Hey there,

yeah, I used pearl to load some files up, but I am not the best in perl... nvm.

:-)

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 03 Apr 2012 01:12

[Crayven-Marine] wrote:So, the most of us agree then to allow the following: air=yes | vortex=yes | boosters=yes.

This will give some spice into MP :-).

But there is also another Topic I thought of: What is about DC (Dark Conspiracy)? The network component DC uses is the same as GC uses. Theoretically we just have to define the gc.exe with the "-mod DARK CONSPIRACY" parameter as the default gc.exe in GR. I will try that tonight. If this will work, we can play DC again (means DC Units in MP).

Now you will ask: what about the players that have no DC. It is definately no problem to host these files, just in terms of law it is. I will think about a solution.. ;-).

BTW: I will host all my archive soon. You peeps are invited to download all Files for redundancy as far as my NAS RAID will fail, all GC Files are saved over the world ;-). And more good news: I found Ninja primes Rebellion Mod with patch again, it will be available in the archive too.

Does one of you have the real war mod of Kevx? Have not found it and I found no valid E-Mail of Ninja or Kevx.

Does one of you using PERL?

Cheers,
CM

CM, I know this is off-topic for this thread, but regarding the mods I have had some issues. Jaegers and Arrakis were awesome mods, very well thought out and good additions. Loved them. :D

However, Sigma mod is unplayable beyond the third mission for me. It crashes back to windows with the error message "wrong version," and I can't figure out what the problem is, so I ended up removing it. With Rebellion mod, I didn't go beyond the training mission. Mixing OND, CC, and Phoenix units was too confusing for me. Some of the new "support" units made no sense.

Turning the crayven scout aero into a "glider" that can carry troops, but it doesn't fly higher than an inch off the ground...??

Changing heavies so they fire green orbs that float across the screen towards enemies...??

Just didn't make sense to me, so I removed it also. Idk, others might like that, but for me it was just weird.

Also, I would love to play some Dark Conspiracy games with folks. Many think that Phoenix are overpowered compared to CC and OND, but I like them. And Justinian, I don't agree with banning power armor. They do have their uses, and can be defeated. Same with Order Faithful, their needle spray special is deadly. :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 05 Apr 2012 14:03

Hey Echo,

hey, I am just the Keymaster not the Creator of the Mods. It is years ago that I have played them.

For the Rebellion Mod there is a patch existent and possibly the first mods are for versions before 1011?! Or possibly there are language specific differences that are causing the problem.

I understand your critics regarding some of the mods, but you can hack-into them and change things ;-).

Again the question if someone of you have the real war mod?

btt: I is not suprising, but I prefer the minigun-walkers of the CC... woho spinning barrels bring a storm of lead to you....

I also liked the moving RDR Vehivle, very usefuly in team games...

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 06 Apr 2012 20:27

[Crayven-Marine] wrote:Hey Echo,

hey, I am just the Keymaster not the Creator of the Mods. It is years ago that I have played them.

For the Rebellion Mod there is a patch existent and possibly the first mods are for versions before 1011?! Or possibly there are language specific differences that are causing the problem.

I understand your critics regarding some of the mods, but you can hack-into them and change things ;-).

Again the question if someone of you have the real war mod?

btt: I is not suprising, but I prefer the minigun-walkers of the CC... woho spinning barrels bring a storm of lead to you....

I also liked the moving RDR Vehivle, very usefuly in team games...

Oh I know CM, I wasn't criticizing you. Kevx (with others, but it was mainly him I think) made Rebellion and Sigma. Great works, for sure, and not an easy task, just pointing out that they weren't for me.

While we're on the subject (sorry to derail again, mods can move to new topic if needed), I am thinking of doing a mod around SSgt. Cole, seems to be a very interesting character from the single-player...I mean, Crayven Supply Clerk, who is actually an OND Operative, with connections to Phoenix Mercs??

How cool is that!! :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 09 Apr 2012 11:34

Hello Echo,

sound great to me, I always liked the figure of Cole. But as far as I can remember, he was at least a fellow Crayven Worker and expressed sometimes his dislike of OND even he helped Sarah out in the story...

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 10 Apr 2012 22:51

Well, sorry to get your hopes up CM, but I don't think I'll be making that mod about Cole. Have been pouring through the GenEd files from your archive for the last half-hour...read all the read-me files, and can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to do the things I want.

Patience isn't my strongest virtue... :lol:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 12 Apr 2012 12:13

Interesting....

Notes down into his commanders book: "Echo states to have no patience..." :D :D :D :D :D

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Tactics | Strategies