Recommend a New PC

Here you can post all other things that do not correlate with Ground Control.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Recommend a New PC

Postby Echoscout » 01 Jun 2015 21:18

Hey guys! Anybody miss me yet? :)

I'm still alive, and I'm working at a new job which is much more enjoyable for me. Really happy that things turned around so well for me, and I have a girlfriend too. :D I know you're all just jealous, so sorry... :lol: ;)

Can any of you recommend a new PC? I'm looking for a basic machine to play some oldies (GC, HW, SC, AoE, etc.) plus some new ones (HW remastered, SC2, etc). Hate Windows 7/8 but I guess that's something we have to live with. Really disappointed with PC gaming as of late, and very nostalgic (still) for the good ol' days, if ever there were any. Looking to spend between $400 and $800, kind of budget conscious at the moment.

Miss you all, once I get this PC I'll be back on the ground.

Echo

Board-General

Re: Recommend a New PC

Postby Admiral Ghat » 03 Jun 2015 00:48

Certainly missed you! Good to hear things are going well in the "real" world, as it were. Did you ever try building a PC yourself? It tends to be a bit cheaper and you don't get saddled with unwanted software. This is a pretty good site to mess around and do some price checking: https://pcpartpicker.com/

You looking for a desktop or a laptop? For pre-built, you can check out Newegg's gaming PC sections. Will you be on ventrilo at any point this weekend?

Also find it interesting that you are disappointed in PC gaming lately. Just in the last two days we've had announcements for X-COM 2 and (probably) Fallout 4. Plus in the last few months we got Kerbal Space Program, Cities Skylines, Witcher 3, and Homeworld Remastered. I, personally, am loving the slate even if I can't afford to play all of them yet. Hope to see you online soon :D
Last edited by Admiral Ghat on 03 Jun 2015 22:50, edited 1 time in total.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 03 Jun 2015 17:25

home world remastered is crap (that's all i have to say)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 03 Jun 2015 22:49

Ghat, I haven't had much time for gaming at all during my hiatus, so I have no idea what is going on, really. Just not too excited about any of the games I see coming out anytime soon, except of course for Homeworld: Shipbreakers, which is still in development.

I am thinking of going back to a desktop for gaming, although size is a consideration. Last desktop I had was the original Dell XPS, and it was a beast, just too much.

But I'll look into building one at those sites and seeing what's out there. I'm still on my old laptop since I switched it over to Linux. Great for everything except gaming, really.

Shpooky, why do you say that? I thought all they did was update the graphics, I think it looks really good.

Board-General

Postby mind-pt- » 04 Jun 2015 17:03

shpooky wrote:home world remastered is crap (that's all i have to say)

A true HW fan would never say such thing, the HD remaster is in fact brilliant in terms of graphics and campaign game play.

on the other hand, the Multi-player needs quite a lot of refinement(that is why it is still on beta status), the latest patch released 10 days ago tried to solve that problem.

---

WB Echo :]

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 04 Jun 2015 18:30

have you guys even played it yet?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby mind-pt- » 04 Jun 2015 19:13

shpooky wrote:have you guys even played it yet?

yup, i did.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 05 Jun 2015 10:29

A warning in advance: in accord with the name of this sub-forum, the following probably contains lots of nonsense. And maybe an inside joke.

Echoscout wrote:Hey guys! Anybody miss me yet? :)

[Blah, blah]

Echo, the Awesome!!!
I did I did!!! :D I hereby order you to rejoin us immediately!

I can't believe I missed this post - I never look in this forum! You are also hereby ordered to post in the on-topic forums of your choosing!

Glad to hear about the job! So sad about the girlfriend T.T Just remember that you were ours first!

Cheers, as they say in countries that are not 'Murica,
-Stat

PS: No, it does not matter what country people say 'Cheers' in. Basically, there is 'Murica, and not-'Murica. Anything that ain't 'Murica is not-'Murica. #Spendingtoomuchtimedownsouth #Hashtagsthatarewaytoolongfortwitter #GCVetswereyourfirsttruelovers

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 08 Jun 2015 23:32

stAtrill wrote:A warning in advance: in accord with the name of this sub-forum, the following probably contains lots of nonsense. And maybe an inside joke.

Echoscout wrote:Hey guys! Anybody miss me yet? :)

[Blah, blah]

Echo, the Awesome!!!
I did I did!!! :D I hereby order you to rejoin us immediately!

I can't believe I missed this post - I never look in this forum! You are also hereby ordered to post in the on-topic forums of your choosing!

Glad to hear about the job! So sad about the girlfriend T.T Just remember that you were ours first!

Cheers, as they say in countries that are not 'Murica,
-Stat

PS: No, it does not matter what country people say 'Cheers' in. Basically, there is 'Murica, and not-'Murica. Anything that ain't 'Murica is not-'Murica. #Spendingtoomuchtimedownsouth #Hashtagsthatarewaytoolongfortwitter #GCVetswereyourfirsttruelovers

Haha, I missed you too Stat. :D

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 18 Jun 2015 06:04

(i know im a bit late on my explanation of why HWR is crappy that's cause im lazy :P)

first off i dislike the UI the icons are harder to see and all the buttons on it are small D: (i tried different resolutions i still hated it)'
(game play it kind of odd i fell "lost" when playing it half the time i don't know what the fuck is going on anymore D:)at least in the original things whent were i fucken told them to GO!

and i hate that they mixed hw1and2 cause the fighters in hw1 aren't in squads and hw2 fighters are (why does this make a different you may ask?) well people playing hw1 factions vs hw2 factions have a disadvantage cause fighters in hw2 are in squads so if you lose a few in the squad you dock them into a ship and tada you get all the ships in that squad back for free but the hw1 fighters if you lose 1 you have to buy a new one! D:

Next

Return to Off-Topic