how to build a circuit

Here you can post all other things that do not correlate with Ground Control.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-Major

how to build a circuit

Postby Compuguy » 15 Apr 2015 02:58

how do i build a circuit to power a 6v motor, a 2v LED strip of 6 red leds, and a charging solar panel with a 6v 4800mAh NiMh battery pack?
I believe we do have some electrical engineers here so i would appreciate some help pls :>

Real Member

Re: how to build a circuit

Postby DarixIta » 17 Apr 2015 11:21

Are you referring to my doodles next to some circuits exercises? Well those are very theoretical, i haven't passed that exam yet, i hate the subject and i'm not an electrical\electronics engineer. So i'm afraid i can't help ya :roll:

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 22 Apr 2015 00:06

If it was me, I would just tinker on a solderless breadboard, but that's why I'm not in the engineering field. :?

Have you tried an intro book? EE 101 or Circuits for Dummies or something like that?

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 07 May 2015 05:10

Compuguy wrote:how do i build a circuit to power a 6v motor, a 2v LED strip of 6 red leds, and a charging solar panel with a 6v 4800mAh NiMh battery pack?

You actually didn't give enough information to answer your question - the current draw of the LEDs would be necessary to know.

Assuming you know this, you can solve it with two tools:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Series_and_parallel_circuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohm%27s_law

The arrangement would almost certainly have the LEDs and Motor in parallel, with a series resistor in line with the LEDs sufficient to reduce the voltage down that circuit to 2V, given your current draw (basically, solve the simple V = IR with your voltage and current draw givens to give needed resistance).

-Stat

Return to Off-Topic