how do i remove this adware

Here you can post all other things that do not correlate with Ground Control.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

how do i remove this adware

Postby shpooky » 08 Sep 2014 04:01

ok so my computer has been infected by this annoying ad ware called tpeRffectcoupon i have been looking everywhere on how to manually remove it

if anyone knows how plzz let me know its so fucken annoying T_T
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Re: how do i remove this adware

Postby Sarvik » 09 Sep 2014 20:43

Maybe you should try some program that removes adware, like Ad-Aware (there was free version available then I last used it, which admittedly was quite some time ago).

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 09 Sep 2014 22:58

If you look on youtube there was something on there about removing adaware, maleware, I forgot what it was called, but it was free and it worked.

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 09 Sep 2014 23:47

As another alternative you might use also CCleaner.

https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 10 Sep 2014 07:09

thx for the replys thx sarvik but for some reason the program did not detect it............... T_T i'll look around on youtube ninja.......... the link well lets just say google chrome didn't want me to go there because of something about malware/viruses possibly another link? would be helpful..........
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 12 Oct 2014 13:45

Generally speaking, adware programs are easy to remove. Ctrl-Alt-Del (if you can), and look at the location of the file in your task manager. Terminate the process, delete the program, and edit your autoruns to remove the auto-start (sys internals makes a tool for this, or track down 'startup control panel'). You can use Windows search to help track down the related files of some programs that don't spoof creation times/dates - you can search for a creation date/time range and see what else you find.

If the program immediately restarts once the process is terminated, then it has either been installed as a system service (not likely, but possible, and more difficult to remove), or it has a second program running that restarts the first. No matter, make a note of both locations - you can then code a script (batch file, if you need to) to end and delete both programs at once, restart into a different environment, or code a batch script that also runs on startup (before the program is initiated, as set by your startup tools from earlier) to delete the adware program.

While you are editing your autoruns, it is a great time to clean out all of the garbage that makes restarting your computer take 5 minutes.

-Stat

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 29 Oct 2014 06:26

Good advice Stat, but not every one here is competent enough to write batch files and it's easier to rely on actual software to remove all that stuff. At work we tend to re-image our machines back to a clean state ;)
stops our user's doing it again. Maleware, Spam, virus's etc. have all become very prolific in the past couple of years, and it's something that was forecasted to happen but not at this alarming rate, and it looks like it will keep increasing, but I can't complain as it keeps us all in a job.

Return to Off-Topic