INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Here you can post all other things that do not correlate with Ground Control.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby ninja_prime » 09 May 2013 06:10

Not sure if this type of thread has already been started here or not, but I thought I would start one off as we appear to be slowly getting more people joining our little band of vets.

My call sign is Ninja_Prime, I must be one of the oldest vets here (52), only having joined in the last year or so, and only by accident through another vet. BTW I am a rubbish MP player I guess age has not honed my skills as much as I think it would. I do how ever love making maps for the community.
I guess you could say I have been playing GC since it was released back in 2000. I was literally blown away by the graphics and gameplay. I shortly started mapping using the editor that shipped with it, and I haven't looked back since.
I live in good old blighty, or Great Britain to the rest of you. Like most vets here I am married and keep down a fulltime job, working in the IT world as a Service Desk Team Leader.
I have been playing video games since 1980, when it was in its infancy, I still have fond memories of going to Central London with my friends and spending all our pocket monies on video games like pac-man, street fighter, tanks, tron, galaxian, donkey kong etc.
Greetings and a big welcome to everyone who happens to join this bunch of merry men, and women!!

Board-General

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Postby Echoscout » 12 May 2013 15:32

Hey, sounds good to me!

To most folks I'm simply known as Echo, but my handle is Huntress Echo in MP. I'm not the best player by far, but I certainly have my moments. Sometimes I shine with Crayven Jaegers, and am quite fond of scout aerodynes (to the dismay of other players who abhore air) and bases, even if they serve no real purpose in SP or MP. :D

I'm also the only female veteran that has returned since the good ol' days of GC, even though there were only two or three female players to begin with (I started playing GC in 2001). Kept in touch with a few others and found my way to this forum and back into GC last year. I'm one of the younger members here (30), and live in Upstate NY on the east coast of the U.S. Not married but that's fine, I keep to myself.

Been playing games since my teenage years, and mostly stick to the strategy genre. I play when I can, and my favorites are Starcraft, GC, and the Homeworld series.

Welcome!

Beginner

Postby Tragamillas » 12 May 2013 18:32

Very good, I could also consider myself a Veteran GC when servers Sierra delete my whole world collapsed, creating a void that no other game has given me, over the years I have been keeping GC, my original CD good collection, up to 1 year or 2 if I remember correctly, Nox contact me from my old Hotmail account when I saw your email as Nox cheerful lot like me, we missed since Sierra hill GC servers, mail alfin told me he found a program to play again together, GameRanger, according to told me, you could not use your account WON, if not emulating a LAN and was the same, after that Nox decided to create a website WorldPress and well up every weekend as formerly, pictures of all items, for so remember these good times, bad luck I can not play on Friday or Saturday and I currently live at my mother and there to a timetable, but equally if I can play little big step and even more recording all items of now, the truth Ground Control community is becoming bigger and that's something I like, old players returning to the battlefield and that I am very happy, on top of everything I mention as GCVets, I consider the 1st we started to gather and play together, I formerly Fran called me and now I have a new nickname: Tragamillas and many more players, Nox, Carter, Sarvik, BD, I remember that we were the 1 st to form this community, all our forms of play and strategies varied, but the one that most stands out is the Nox, has a style that makes you can join any player and so win any battle, for me to consider him the best ever, but I've seen BD also in action and is also feared, and well I consider myself not bad playing, but my style of play is based on a support, such as 3 artillery on the battlefield or Jaeger and radar, I'm not much of frontal attacks when needed if I use my wits to prevail on the battlefield, but for me it is a challenge Nox was greater when the other team, good greetings to all from Spain
Sorry if already not understand much English and not use google traduciros Translate for my words

Board-Major

Postby Chumpit » 13 May 2013 19:07

I'm Chumpit and I dont know how do put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 16 May 2013 02:25

Chumpit wrote:I'm Chumpit and I dont know how do put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.

Hahahaha...and so humble too! :lol: :D

Beginner

Postby +++MART+++ » 17 May 2013 00:34

Hey,

I am +++MART+++in (Martin), an old atomic rabbit memeber. Well, I am the only french member here. I'm glad I could get back to this game, even if I don't have much time to play it, but I will come back soon, it's a promise 8-)

Echoscout wrote:Hey, sounds good to me!

To most folks I'm simply known as Echo, but my handle is Huntress Echo in MP. I'm not the best player by far, but I certainly have my moments. Sometimes I shine with Crayven Jaegers, and am quite fond of scout aerodynes (to the dismay of other players who abhore air) and bases, even if they serve no real purpose in SP or MP. :D

I'm also the only female veteran that has returned since the good ol' days of GC, even though there were only two or three female players to begin with (I started playing GC in 2001). Kept in touch with a few others and found my way to this forum and back into GC last year. I'm one of the younger members here (30), and live in Upstate NY on the east coast of the U.S. Not married but that's fine, I keep to myself.

Been playing games since my teenage years, and mostly stick to the strategy genre. I play when I can, and my favorites are Starcraft, GC, and the Homeworld series.

Welcome!

I would add some other attributes to Echo, but I don't want to start a war for the only woman we have here :lol:

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 17 May 2013 19:16

+++MART+++ wrote:I would add some other attributes to Echo, but I don't want to start a war for the only woman we have here :lol:

:roll: :lol:

Forgot to mention that I am also one of the few vets from Silent Hunters (SH) clan and RipnTripnCreations (RTC), and was fiction writer and moderator in the old Massive forum. As Chumpit said, I'm kind of a big deal, too.

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 17 May 2013 22:40

Lol, we are all big deals that we are slowly all coming back! Clan_Ninja members sign in!

Beginner

Postby Crinckle » 18 May 2013 11:55

Chumpit wrote:I'm Chumpit and I dont know how do put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.

I have always thought of you as more of an exspurt; where ex is something that has been and is spurt is a drip under pressure. :shock:

Hi. I'm Crinckle, I do sardonic irony in industrial quantities. I also do short sentences. :twisted:
Yes, I do know my avatar looks like an angry jobbie. I feel it gives anyone considering reading my posts a reasonable amount of warning about the likely content.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 05 Jan 2014 16:45

shpooky that's all your going to get
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Next

Return to Off-Topic