Multiplayer game

In here you can post all general discussions.
Beginner

Multiplayer game

Postby duncs85 » 31 Aug 2015 10:01

Hi all,

I have recently noticed that this game is available to Steam and many people are asking about the Multiplayer element. I understand it is no longer supported but there are LAN options available through Game Ranger/Hamachi. Not knowing a great deal about how these work I am hoping the GC vets on here might be able to point me in the right direction or even fancy joining me on a game? :)

I would love to play this game again!

Cheers,

Duncs

Board-General

Re: Multiplayer game

Postby shpooky » 31 Aug 2015 18:44

on game ranger it is really simple (i figured it out by myself)
also reinstalling GC2
Q: would a steam game work on GR?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Beginner

Postby duncs85 » 03 Sep 2015 21:50

Yeah looking at the community hub on stream it seems to be an issue finding steam games on game ranger.

I installed game ranger and had a look for games a couple of times but didnt seem to be any action.

Happy to work with any MP solution! Just want a game!

Beginner

Postby Steve_1982 » 18 Dec 2015 16:45

Hi,

I used to play GC 2 online as Lt_Omega and then Capt_Delta along with the [TLSC] and [-=XX=-] clans/groups.

I just read a post on reddit that GC 2 is available on sale on GOG and then got the Steam version only to find out that game ranger can't find Steam games.

Should I get the GOG version as well incase the online community revives itself? I don't mind a co-op game but I'm not that awesome to be much of a challenge in PvP.

Real Member

Postby Marcos » 18 Dec 2015 16:51

Hello Steve, currently we do not play GC2, play only GC1 in GameRanger.

Beginner

Postby Steve_1982 » 18 Dec 2015 17:47

Hi Marcos,

I miss playing as Viron. I might give GC 1 a whirl but I'm not too certain that I'll get it.

Edit:
I tried to install game ranger but it says Flash Player is required and when I try to install it, Chrome for Windows 8.1 says that I already have Flash Player installed. Well I have LogMeIn Hamachi installed as well.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 19 Dec 2015 07:26

it may be talking about the flash player plugin
(get Firefox :D) also game ranger is suppose to get flash or at least give you a link

a question for everyone did we ever try playing GC on Hamachi?

oh and try getting it while using another browser firefox etc.......
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 19 Dec 2015 22:24

we did try GC on Hamachi back in 2010 or 2011. To put it in soft words it was appalling.

Also had a go with Tungle and other programs, none of them were nearly good as GR.

Return to Ground Control II - General