Spectator mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Spectator mod

Postby shpooky » 16 Apr 2016 23:30

dud you add a million stealth to the air units and nothing can see them!
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby E-Dawg_snizzle » 17 Apr 2016 05:45

dud you add a million stealth to the air units and nothing can see them!

Already tried that. They are still detected by radar but at least units wont automatically shoot at them (except the radar terradyne) and when they fly 1500M in the air you cant see them and they wont get in the way. I tried editing an air unit on DC yesterday and adding it to a MP map for team 3 as squad 13. It works and would be the perfect way to have a spectator. BUT! the problem with this is there Must be someone on team 3 (spectator team) or else the game will crash because there's no one to assign the aerodyne to =(. the only way to make it work would be to have team 3 trigger something in order to assign the aerodyne to squad 13 but there's nothing to trigger without team 3 dropping a DS.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 18 Apr 2016 23:40

ok so then making a spectator faction to the game via DC is the only way to go?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby E-Dawg_snizzle » 19 Apr 2016 08:32

shpooky wrote:ok so then making a spectator faction to the game via DC is the only way to go?

Pretty much if you want it to be reliable and universal but making a 4th faction probably wont be easy. You will also have to edit every map to have a DS config for this 4th faction (like I did with all the ninja prime maps for phoenix)

P.S. I have just uploaded a free DC download. The link is in the DC section of the forum and it includes the updated mod and maps.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 22 Apr 2016 01:05

k but i already have DC its just not on my comp so im good bro but thx for doing that!

Previous

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps