Dark Conspiracy Balance Mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner

Dark Conspiracy Balance Mod

Postby Eric Naylor » 05 Mar 2016 09:34

Over the past couple of months I've been working on a balance mod/fix for Dark Conspiracy and after a lot of testing (and running into numerous issues with one thing or another) we finally have a final (beta) release. Version 1301

DC Balance Mod Download Link;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ld9yh ... /DATA2.SDF

This mod is not just a balance mod but a total fix for DC and eliminates all compatibility issues with GC vanilla.
The mod is EXACTLY the same as the 1.2.0.2 mod for all GC vanilla units (and will work exactly the same on GC vanilla). All the changes in this mod apply to DC units and weapons ONLY. GC vanilla will work and run exactly the same.

This mod fixes all of the issues/annoyances that come with DC such as;
- Phoenix vehicle movement! All phoenix vehicles now move fluently and are not ridiculously slow on take off and turning.
- Phoenix equipment, weapons and stats have been reworked and are now very balanced and in proportion to Crayven and OND.
- Drones can now hit Phoenix tanks!
- A number of bug fixes and added missing files
- Fixed the compatibility issues with GC vanilla and DC (such as not being able to play custom single player missions with GC vanilla)
- Updated skins for Phoenix units (so they aren't so ugly anymore)
- Aligned some of the unit firing offsets (with DC units)
- A few other small changes to make the game nicer to play, neaten things up, help hosting and prevent any crashing!
- There's also a couple extra multiplayer maps packed into it.

DC units/equipment/weapons changes/stats are listed below;

*CRAYVEN UNITS*

Radar Terradyne: Part of the support branch, The Radar Terradyne has a very weak primary weapon and is pretty much just a portable radar. View Range increased from 400 Meters to 600 Meters (deployable radars are 680M) also increased weapon accuracy.
Units Per Squad: 1
Spec Weapons: Atmospheric ionizer (3 Charges), Charged Particle Burst (5 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), AMS (3 Charges)

Cray Power Armor: Very heavily armored infantry that are very slow and have a fairly short firing range. No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase
Units Per Squad: 2
Spec Weapons: AG-72 Short-Range Perforator (4 Charges), RMM-13 Heavy Infantry Mortar (3 Charges)
Equipment: Med kit (3 Charges), Entrench (3 Charges)

*ORDER UNITS*

Order Faithful: Lighter infantry than crusaders but a larger squad. No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 12
Spec Weapons: Needle Spray (4 Charges), Fires of the Damned (increased range and speed, reduced damage) (4 Charges)
Equipment: Med kit, Deployable Defender Gun, Holy Martyrdom (1 Charge [Suicide])

Order Power Armor: Very heavily armored infantry that are very slow and have a fairly short firing range. No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase
Spec Weapons: Close-Range Energy Perforator (4 Charges), GrU-9 RSA-AMS Missiles Mk. 7 (2 Charges)

*PHOENIX UNITS*

PX APC: Increased acceleration, max speed increased from 23 to 26 (cray APC = 24 OND APC = 28) view range is 350 (cray and ond APC is 300)

PX Basic: Exact equivalent to Marines and Crusaders. No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 8
Spec Weapons: Hyper-Plasma Charges (3 Charges) Plasma Grenade (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Deployable Radar (1 Charge)

PX Snipers: Know to be extremely deadly, I've reduced the basic weapon range from 550M to 450M and also reduced the damage multiplier so they aren't ridiculously deadly anymore (can still do a lot of damage to the right targets!)
Units Per Squad: 3
Spec Weapons: Hermes Rounds (reduced range to 400M) (3 Charges), Ares AP rounds (reduced range to 450M) (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Vision (Image intensifier) (3 Charges)

PX Plasma Grenadier: increased range to 350M making them a lot more useful under the right circumstances.
Units Per Squad: 5
Spec Weapons: Expanding Napalm Grenades (increased range to 400M) (4 Charges), MicroNuke Grenades (increased range to 350M) (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Mirage Cloaking Field (3 Charges), Disruptor (2 Charges)

PX Power Armor: No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase.
Spec Weapons: Close-Range Perforator (4 Charges), Hot Plasma Burst (2 Charges)

PX Scout: increased the acceleration, top speed and turn speed to be a bit less than the hoverbike. View ranged reduced from 600 to 550. (cray and ond are at 500).
Spec Weapons: Hyper Rocket (reduced blast radius/splash from 40M to 30M) (1 Charge), Fireball (3 Charges) (changed from rocket mover type to bullet type)
Equipment: EMP Anti-Mine Discharge [destroys all mines in a 700M radius] (1 Charge), ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Vision (Image intensifier) (3 Charges)

PX Light tank: Edited to have slightly slower acceleration/friction and top speed as OND light hoverdyne. turn speed and top speed are faster than the Cray light but a little slower than ond. reduced view range from 400 to 350 (cray light tank and ond light hoverdyne are both 300)
Units Per Squad: 4
Spec Weapons: Fireball (3 Charges), Hades Incendiary Mortar [an incendiary version of the micro janice] (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Disruptor (2 Charges)

PX Medium tank: Increased the acceleration, turn speed and max speed to be inbetween that of an OND Med and a Cray med. turret turn speed same as both ond and cray.
Spec Weapons: Hellenback Rounds [Used to be called Hellenback Rockets and were very slow. I have edited them to be the exact equivalent of the Advanced HE round/Plasma Moonburst] (2 Charges), Land/Air Plasma Emulator (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), Advanced Telemetry System (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Heavy tank: Gave it the same acceleration/friction as the Cray Heavy Terradyne but with more top speed and vehicle turn speed.
Spec Weapons: Hellenback Rounds Mk.2 [Same as the med but with an extra round] (3 Charges), Land/Air Plasma Emulator (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds) Rocket (3 Charges)

PX AntiAir: Increased the turn speed and acceleration a little. also reduced view range from 550 to 500 as it was longer than the other AA units. (500 is plenty! same as cray AA)
Spec Weapons: None
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds)

PX Pyrodyne: Reworked the main weapon to spit fire with a range of 300M. Edited the health and armor to be the same as the Rocket Terradyne and edited the squad to have 3 units. (this works very well as it can now be used as a support unit and not just a heavily armored bull that has to charge right into the middle of a firefight to be useful)
Spec Weapons: High Radius Fuel [increased range to 450M] (4 Charges), Hades Maelstrom [Change the weapon mover type from a ballistic to a rocket type. Increased range to 300M] (3 Charges) * also edited the power of the weapons to compensate for having 3 units*
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Image intensifier (3 Charges). I removed Helios Flame from multiplayer (the 4 part self destruct thing) because it's over powered and will take away from proper game play. (still available in single player)

PX Artillery: Edited to have the same acceleration/friction/turnspeed as the Crayven Artillery but with a little more speed. reduced the view range from 300 to 250 (same as cray and ond arty).
Units Per Squad: 1
Spec Weapons: Nuclear Napalm (1 Charge), Anti-Plasma Destroyer (1 Charge)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), Advanced Telemetry System (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX scout aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Plasma Bomb (1 Charge), Death From Above (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), AMH-Air Repair Unit (2 Charges), Advanced Telemetry System. (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Fighter aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds),

PX attack aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges), Anti-Personnel Bombs (4 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Advanced Telemetry System. (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX swarm: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 6
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges) Death From Above (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds),

*Note: the ADPP Repair pack works similar to the crayven ADPP but instead of healing constantly for 20 seconds it only heals for 10 seconds and takes 20 seconds to recharge (10 seconds on, 10 seconds off)*

A big thanks to Marcos, Shpooky, Compuguy, Stat and anyone else that has helped with this project!
Last edited by Eric Naylor on 12 Jul 2016 11:50, edited 17 times in total.

Board-General

Re: Dark Conspiracy Balance Mod

Postby Admiral Ghat » 06 Mar 2016 20:18

Never actually played DC (weird, right?), so I can't comment. It's also not something that we do on a regular basis since almost everyone just has regular GC installed. I think a few people, including E-Dawg a few weeks ago, were still asking about it so might be some still be some interest.

Real Member

Postby Van » 07 Mar 2016 17:04

I have the game, bought it on GoG and played a couple of Multiplayers with it.

Problem I faced how stupidly powerful web (the thing that make you not move) is. It basicly removes all the position based gameplay of GC, which is what GC got going for it.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 07 Mar 2016 18:24

YES! a DC balance mod! ima check this out when i get home
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby Marcos » 09 Mar 2016 05:18

PX tanks is still very slow , increase the speed of all tanks , put equipment of mines and AMS in PX scout, in PX light put equipment of CTT-175mm Cannon , AMS for PX heavy tank , PX Sniper increase more 2 weapons hermes rounds , inscrease range of PX Artillery , AMS for PX Anti-Air , AMS for all air units , PX Pyrodyne increase range , improve the weapons of PX medium and PX heavy to match the plasma moonburst and HE rounds, I do not know if have how make this, but leave phoenix force as strong as crayven and OND

Beginner

Postby Eric Naylor » 09 Mar 2016 11:27

RE Van: I agree. so I've now reduced the Web effect time from 30 secs to 20 secs and only the light tanks can use it (figured it is now equivalent to ond vortex field and cray autocannon/missle turret)

RE Marcos: I Couldn't agree more with the vehicle speed! So the main problem with the PX units was the friction factor and the turnspeed factor. I have now fixed this problem and have detailed how much I've changed the units in the original post.
I have changed the specs of the personal defender gun and have applied it to the vehicles you recommended. It will now have 4 charges, last 20 secs (as it did before) but with a 20 sec recharge time so you can use them one straight after the other. I also renamed it to anti missile system and changed the icon to avoid confusion. so in comparison to the Cray AMS, you will have more charges but with less time per charge.
I equipped the PX light tanks with Web instead of the CTT cannon. I don't think the deployable cannon will be feasible and I'm guessing from experience will be extremely hard to do as the PX don't have any deployable equipment other than the radar. The web will be a much better tool anyway.
I have increased the Hermes rounds and Ares rounds to 3 charges instead of 4 because the PX snipers already have very powerful guns against the right targets and also have a longer view range and firing range than jaegers.
I didn't touch the range of the Artillery as it is the same as both the OND arty and Cray Arty.
I increased the range of the pyrodyne by 40%. This should be enough with the changes i made to the speed. (also if I increased it anymore it would look ridiculous as the flame is only so long)
As far as the spec weapons go for PX heavy and PX med, I have already changed them to be the same as the advanced HE round and plasma moonburst =)

The only thing I couldn't do (tried for ages to get it to work properly!) is mines for the PX scouts =( for one reason or another I just couldn't get it to work. I gave the scouts booster station and land/air plasma emulator to compensate. with their speed, extra view range and now AMS, quickly sneaking up to an enemy and taking them out with a L/A plasma emulator and then running away should be quite do-able

I have updated the Download link to the updated mod! Give it a go and let me know what you think.

Cheers

Beginner

Postby Eric Naylor » 11 Mar 2016 07:42

Also, a common problem with DC online is that a lot of the custom maps don't have a dropship configuration for Phoenix causing the game to crash if you try to play as phoenix on them. I have just updated the mod so that custom maps such as mars outpost, fear iii, fear iv, ect ect that are already packed into the mod now have a phoenix DS config.
For all other custom maps I have repacked all of them (from stAtrill's allMultiplayer maps pack + more) with a phoenix DS config. The maps themselves and other faction DS configs are EXACTLY the same as before so playing them on GC vanilla will be no different. However, with this map pack you wont be able to play GC vanilla with everyone online until the map pack has been rolled out publicly and everyone who plays online has it. Until then it is only one file so it's easy to add and remove during testing =)

A link to the updated mod and updated map pack has been put into the original text

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 22 Apr 2016 01:08

thx for the mod also we will try to give you feed back about what should be done for more balancing
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps