Sarvik's balance mod suggestions

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Sarvik's balance mod suggestions

Postby Sarvik » 28 Jul 2015 14:24

Would be nice if a few more people commented. I know we can count on nOx to strongly support any changes that enable new ways to kill beams, but the rest is still unclear. :mrgreen:

Btw Stat, are you aware of any special limitations about meddling with air units we should be aware of before letting imagination run wild? Like could they be made stealthy? Could they theoretically shoot arty special weapons? How likely it is that game will not crash if we give them drone special weapon?

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 28 Jul 2015 16:31

why would air need arty/drone specials sarvik?

"I know we can count on nOx to strongly support any changes that enable new ways to kill beams"
LOL

stat could you plzz fix hell fire? :D
and also increase bullet speed for cray or make all of crays tanks have homing missiles ? either would be good(but i like the idea of a missile spec on cray scouts that would help them kill ond scouts and beams)

//////people who actually play cray should be the only ones talking on this topic in my opinion. Why? cause people who just play OND have a biased opinion or just don't know how cray works........

and i kinda suspect that some players in this community don't want to make cray and ond balanced factions and just want to keep ond the dominant faction

so players who actually like to play cray should be the only ones to talk

(this thread is a cray players only zone :D)
me,stat,whitenight,sarvik,mind,carter,etc
(keep in mind this is not official and i have no power D:)//////(<this is all a suggestion and is probably a bad one) you can go along with it or not
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 28 Jul 2015 17:04

would giving cray heavy's a equipment that increases their armor value be possible? (like power plant increases speed)
one that would block special weapons but not normal weapons?
(increase the armor piercing of normal weapons but keep or decrease the armor piercing of specials)
(and make the armor piercing of marines and crusaders specials higher so that they can still kill heavy's from the front)

and we could make it so that its back armor is weakened to the point that lights and inf can damage them from behind (with their normal weapons) just to make their be a great weakness to the equipment and to give the impression that the tanks are taking their armor from behind and adding it to their frontal armor

idk if this would be too OP of a equipment or not

tell me what you think......
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 28 Jul 2015 18:27

shpooky wrote://////people who actually play cray should be the only ones talking on this topic in my opinion. Why? cause people who just play OND have a biased opinion or just don't know how cray works.... [...] (this thread is a cray players only zone :D) [...]
*insert Shpook trollface here*

Lmao Jesus shpook, can you bait harder? Remember to keep it civil. The goal is NOT to create sects in the community (e.g. CC players vs non-CC players).

Also, we have literally no control over armor values. We even have an armor value modifier, but instead it modifies maximum health (would love to ask the devs about that one). The first map I ever made (like over 7 years ago) was designed to test armor front vs back. The spread is 33% iirc (that is, the specified value is in front, and the rear is 66% of the specified value).

Sarvik wrote:Btw Stat, are you aware of any special limitations about meddling with air units we should be aware of before letting imagination run wild?[...]
There are some interesting things to note about air, but nothing that would limit what you mentioned. BD and I actually tested many of those on air when we were first trying to figure out if mods can work with MP. The only thing I haven't tested is ballistic weapons on air, I will update this post when I give it a shot.

-Stat

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 28 Jul 2015 20:15

@shpooky play some rebellion mod or stats blance mod, you will have lots of fun with that. Balance mod had a spec on lights and scouts which is exactly what you ask for.
@stat you did make tests with ballistic on air; we played it one night on wartornwastes, might be a vid of it too. AC on attack aeros, to counter ams, and it worked.
I did like a second spec on drone too, and the mole missile ninja mentioned seems like a fitting spec for drone carrier.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 28 Jul 2015 22:56

to darix: i like the idea of a mole missile on drone

problem is darix no one plays those mods anymore D:

to stat: it was just a suggestion stat :D

no control over armor values? D:

to all: oh and by the way why the hell are we talking about air?

we dont even have the ground units balanced yet!

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 29 Jul 2015 09:40

In addition to previous air related suggestions I think OND air units need some love. So to start off:
Modes:
Stealth mode (replacing balanced): analogous to cray ground units stealth mode with similar tradeoffs. Fighters and attack planes would get medium stealth buff and scouts would get high stealth buff.
Defensive mode: Health buff is doubled compared to current defensive mode, speed is same as in speed mode, damage is nerfed heavily to balance it off.
Equipment:
Add repair packs option. I don't mean those ridiculous cray things but standard old fashioned repair packs. Make them heal like 75% of health in one go and give them 4 uses with no cooldown.
shpooky wrote://////people who actually play cray should be the only ones talking on this topic in my opinion. Why? cause people who just play OND have a biased opinion or just don't know how cray works........

1. This is ridiculous.
2. I have also suggested changes to OND in this topic, in fact my suggested change to ground units defensive mode could easily have more impact then other stuff here.
shpooky wrote:to all: oh and by the way why the hell are we talking about air?

we dont even have the ground units balanced yet!

One doesn't prevent other. Not to mention that ground units are actually pretty solid, although there is room for smaller tweaks.

Btw, I personally would be cautious about any buffs to performance of mainstay special weapons of mainstay vehicles (Hellfire), even if it is just miss chance reduction.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Jul 2015 16:21

"Not to mention that ground units are actually pretty solid"

step 1: play a game with cray vs ond and record it
step 2: if score on both teams is not far apart or cray wins show me the video
step 3: then you can say that again and ill agree
Last edited by shpooky on 29 Jul 2015 16:32, edited 1 time in total.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Jul 2015 16:25

why are you putting everything on speed!? this is the ond faction your talking about its already fast enough!
and your trying to make defensive/offensive faster than balanced?

and if every load out is as fast as the speed load out doesn't that make speed pointless?

i play with all my units on balanced(exception is the scout)and i consider that better than taking all my units on speed

why do you want to make everything as fast as speed?
making the units as fast as balanced is good enough for me
they don't need to be any faster D:'

(i feel as if my brain died during this post)
and im not going to fix it
Last edited by shpooky on 30 Jul 2015 16:55, edited 3 times in total.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Jul 2015 16:33

shpooky wrote:
//////people who actually play cray should be the only ones talking on this topic in my opinion. Why? cause people who just play OND have a biased opinion or just don't know how cray works........

sarvik wrote:
1. This is ridiculous.
2. I have also suggested changes to OND in this topic, in fact my suggested change to ground units defensive mode could easily have more impact then other stuff here.

i was fucking around

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps