Sarvik's balance mod suggestions

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: Sarvik's balance mod suggestions

Postby shpooky » 29 Jul 2015 16:38

concerning air(since you keep talking about them)

do what sarvik said with stealth if you want

but why don't we just remove ams and shield for air? :D

then everything is balanced in the sky at least...]

and give them health packs..............

oh and remove specials for cray and ond fighters

remove telemetry on cray AA
add shield to ond AA or give it two charges when defender guns are equipped? or even 3 why? cause why not! :S
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 06 Aug 2015 12:42

Sorry again for the absence, I have been meaning to create this for like 2 weeks now:

Here is an experimental build with most of everything in this thread for testing purposes: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ec83e ... mental.SDF
I did download it myself to check that it is valid (just in case).

Rough changelog notes as I jotted them down:
-HE Rounds:
-Range increased to 550
-Move speed increased to 850
-No Splash
-Damage set to 450
-Multiplier set to 1.2

OND Defensive
-Can only have 3 weapon versions, not 4; would need to rework one of the other loadouts

Nerfing air ams necessitates a buff to Heavy AMS:
-There are 2 ams equipments, the Heavies currently use the worse of the two, while rockets, AA, and scouts use the other
-Heavies switched to better AMS, the worse AMS now has cooldown of 90s

OND AA
-Firing range has been doubled
-Damage increased from 220 to 300 (136% increase)
-Equipments updated
-Special weapon was not added: reason is the AA's have a static fire angle, and can't fire ballistic shots (or basically anything that isn't homing). Can create a 'ballistic looking' round that is based on the homing movement if wanted

Health packs added for all air
-Charges set to 4 (they now use inf medkits - since there are only 4 medkits we can use. Inf now get 4 uses as well)
-Now heals for the majority of the aero's health (preserves the 20% disparity between OND and CC healthpacks. Additionally, now full-heals inf on use)
-Icon and name is wrong, will update if this makes it past testing

There are additionally some changes I made for testing:
-CC Artillery now fires a faster volley of 5 shots with an extended recharge time (more burst damage, less arty wall)
-The 'sacrifice health instead of speed' change I mentioned is also in this
-Reworked base/multiplier stealth of a certain unit (give a wild guess which)

I am curious what thoughts are on this! This is quite a major shakeup from the relative lull in our dev.

Out of time,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 06 Aug 2015 23:57

I'll see about testing with you next week? I've been on Vent on and off during the week to see about doing bug hunting on Project Garm but haven't been able to connect with you. Then again, if you're logging on at midnight or 1 a.m. I'm not going to be on at that hour during the week.

Would certainly not utilize this in normal play unless/until we do some testing. Along with everyone else, I'm sure, I have and opinion about whether changes are even needed on certain things, but I'll hold off on voicing them if we're going to do a new round of testing during off-hours.

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 07 Aug 2015 11:15

stAtrill wrote:OND Defensive
-Can only have 3 weapon versions, not 4; would need to rework one of the other loadouts

Im dumb, could you clarify what you meant with this?

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 07 Aug 2015 22:28

Admiral Ghat wrote:I'll see about testing with you next week? I've been on Vent on and off during the week [...] but haven't been able to connect with you.
I literally haven't been logging on at all over the last 2 weeks, but I am starting to have more free time to focus towards this again. What times do you typically check?

Sarvik wrote:
stAtrill wrote:OND Defensive

Im dumb, could you clarify what you meant with this?
So there are only 3 variations to the weapons, which are linked to the Balanced, Offensive, and Speed loadouts. The Defensive loadout shares the Balanced weapon. What you are proposing would require 4 different weapons (+ damage, normal damage, - damage, and -- damage) which we can't quite do (this is why the Defensive loadout makes a good candidate for e.g. Stealth loadout - it shares the Balanced weapon).

-Stat

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 09 Aug 2015 04:53

Not sure if this has been suggested before, I think I enabled this in the Rebellion mod, but we need to be able to use the AA to fire on ground units, their destructive power especially with the Ocelot (I think that's what the CC call it) could have slightly reduced power, as the original setting would rip up most of the ground units in a matter of seconds. If this has already been suggested then ignore this post.

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 09 Aug 2015 21:10

stAtrill wrote:
Admiral Ghat wrote:I'll see about testing with you next week? I've been on Vent on and off during the week [...] but haven't been able to connect with you.
I literally haven't been logging on at all over the last 2 weeks, but I am starting to have more free time to focus towards this again. What times do you typically check?

It's been a little random but I've tried just putting vent up on Mon/Tues/Thurs and leaving it there. Around 7-8 EST and sometimes later. Really hard to give a good answer, though, since the schedule rarely cooperates.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 09 Aug 2015 22:33

I know for sure that I won't be around tonight or tomorrow, as these next 2 days are kinda big at work. I plan to be around on Thursday though! And I will check on Wednesday just in case.

BTW, after extensive research, the main suspect is making sure complete packets are being sent and received (essentially, the program tends to corrupt/drop packets when under reasonably heavy load, and I think I know why).

The fixes should be simple, but it took a lot of research to learn the problem. Can't wait to test soon,
-Stat

PS:
Ninja_Prime52 wrote:Not sure if this has been suggested before [...] but we need to be able to use the AA to fire on ground units[...]
This was the first test for the original Balancemod years ago, there are quite a few problems we ran into from a balance perspective.

The first is that the air and ground units health/damage does not scale at the same rate. As it is, the AA essentially deals the damage of an arty round per bullet, of which there are 8 per volley, etc. If you nerf the damage, it becomes far less effective as AA, and if you nerf air health to compensate, suddenly powerful ground units (e.g. beams, rockets) completely wreck air, and more reliably than AA (homing/splash, pierce).

The second is that AA damage output is based on miss chance, as accuracy is reduced immensely in this game with vertical height difference. The AA completely wrecks ground targets as a sort of hyper-sniper tank (it actually takes longer to acquire a target than it does to kill it). Reduce accuracy and, you guessed it, it fails as AA.

I think in the balancemod we had a selectable ground fire mode with major reduced damage, range, and no ability to attack air, to avoid the 'one size fits all' conundrum.

Real Member

Postby Van » 24 Aug 2015 02:04

I've been thinking about the Mediums Sunbursts, The weapon as it currently stands has the same AoE Possibility as moonburst, less damage, no armor penetration (Meds are immune in the front) and it doesn't kill even Crusaders in one hit. Couldn't we just replace it with the Electro Dagger or Field of the Lights? It would give the Mediums on both sides have useful side options together with Sarviks balance suggestion. And I think it would be interesting.

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 27 Aug 2015 17:39

@Van we could make those something similar to the mains HE rounds, but you would rarely use em anyways; moonburts, like adv. HE, are just the best choice

Previous

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps