The Crayven Turrets Issue

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: The Crayven Turrets Issue

Postby shpooky » 17 Aug 2014 19:52

i dont see the immobile part being any type of weakness when you consider it obliterates anything in range!!!!
and you can't exactly go around it when your trying to get at a enemy hiding behind it
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 17 Aug 2014 19:54

remember my corner? where i had a shit ton of turrets? how could you just go around them?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 18 Aug 2014 23:16

In that particular game there was no need to go around. We were going to shell them with artillery :twisted:

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 19 Aug 2014 02:34

but what if someone on my team brought def guns? and placed one by almost every turret what would you have done then? (and plus that arty was good as dead when nox's drop ship full of fresh units landed) you wouldn't have had time to finish the turrets off.... dont forget we still won that game...........

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 20 Aug 2014 06:09

Hey guy's it seems to me that having turrets in the game does change the way players play this game, so they ( turrets) have become game changers. I am not really sure how much of an issue this is, as everybody is having to now re-think their tactics, which IMHO is a good thing, after all we want to keep GC fresh and challenging, I am sure in time this whole thing will become the norm until something else comes along, maybe introducing and addressing the PHX issue? Just a thought :roll:

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 20 Aug 2014 20:45

turrets don't do anything but ruin the game
(at least for now they do)

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 21 Aug 2014 18:37

Ninja_Prime52 wrote: introducing and addressing the PHX issue?

Was thinking the same thing ninja, there's so much wasted potential in DC, but it's a long process, let's focus on the current balancing ;)

shpooky wrote:turrets don't do anything but ruin the game
(at least for now they do)

Just like taking 4 scout squads with mines, or loading 4 temps or 8 drones. I wouldn't mind facing a few turrets from time to time but it looks like a lot of players are now loading all the squads of light they can get with CC, to troll, test or just because it's something new idk. That is obviously annoying and drastically changes the game experience.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 21 Aug 2014 19:08

yes having turrets is cool its just they only take seconds to kill a enemy unit (there are no other units in the game that do so much dmg in just a few seconds)
(not even arty can match it)not to mention the turret lasts all game

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 21 Aug 2014 19:55

shpooky wrote:... they only take seconds to kill a enemy unit (there are no other units in the game that do so much dmg in just a few seconds)
Weeelllllll...... no units on speed. The turret damage output is a bit under that of an offensive support squad (which, is kind of what it currently is). Take a squad of off/balanced beams (/rocks/drones) and the turret and compare, bearing in mind the scaling for armor (the beams will cut heavies/meds faster, while the turret cuts inf faster, etc).

shpooky wrote:(not even arty can match it)
Re: arty, if there was no armor, the turret would do more DPS than speed arty. Arty scales better to armor, and the break even point for speed arty are armor values around 80 (halfway between that of lights and supports). Balanced and off arties do more DPS in all cases.

-Stat

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 21 Aug 2014 22:55

ok so i was wrong about a few things...................but how often do people take offensive/balanced units?

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps