single player maps

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

single player maps

Postby shpooky » 29 May 2014 02:15

could someone make some new single player maps plzz?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Re: single player maps

Postby Admiral Ghat » 30 May 2014 00:50

Alternatively, Ninja if you're out there can you take the neutrals out of the maps that we have now? Some great DM map layouts but all those extra points floating around. Not to mention they try to kill you.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 30 May 2014 20:46

yea what he said :D
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 01 Jun 2014 05:58

When I get round to it, I will do a new set of maps without the neutrals in it. The reason I introduced neutrals (Hostile AI) was to change the gameplay and spice the game up a bit, giving it an element of surprise. I realise it's not everyone's cup of tea. If judging by the comments about Stat's mod that everyone appears to be playing, I will probably have to tweak the maps again, so this could be a good time to do the other changes.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 01 Jun 2014 05:59

And also introduce some new ones :)

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 06 Jun 2014 07:53

Ninja_Prime52 wrote:And also introduce some new ones :)
Seeing as this thread has been hijacked for Ninja Map requests, what say you to throwing in a 1 DS map or two? Currently, there is just CP_demonic, FinalDestruction (a Coop), and SZ7_HeavyMetal. What about a DM or two ;)

Regarding the hostiles, I think they may be much more tolerated if they didn't shoot back. Some of the vets (I know crinkle does) will put units on return fire, and this will allow you to ignore the hostiles if you need to not reveal your position, or to still kill them if you need to farm some points. The main problems with hostiles that shoot back center around:
1) hostiles spawning near where you land that fire weapons with splash (like attack aeros, artys, or anything with specs). This leads to people panic-burning specials during the confusion of leaving the dropzone, and can leave a team seriously short on specials (or units) for the actual DM.
2) Even if you don't shoot at them, they will reveal you by shooting back. The disadvantages are obvious - they can stuff flanks alone if you acquire too many of them while circling around, for example.
3) Aero hostiles on maps in general (we usually play no air, which also means no AA). I remember a while ago we once had to remake a 4v4 with a different map because our opponents found a squad of 8 Attack Aeros sporting specials that more-or-less cleaned house. Remember, aeros go down really slowly without AA or beam specs (of which you burn 3 and there is still a lone aero troll hassling you).

I imagine more of the maps would enter the rotation if you removed the weapons from the AIs. You would have to do it manually though, as GenEd won't allow you to de-specify a weapon once one has been specified.

Thank you for the additions sir :)
-Stat

Beginner

Postby Eric Naylor » 09 Mar 2016 12:27

Last edited by Eric Naylor on 01 Jul 2016 09:57, edited 6 times in total.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 09 Mar 2016 18:06

nice
good thing i have DC :D

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps