[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby Sarvik » 27 Apr 2014 12:23

Umm, some people have very liberal definition of "drastically affect gameplay". Obviously changes will affect gameplay, otherwise they would be waste of time, but the scale of effect will vary significantly depending nature and target of changes. If we start messing with shields and AMS it will have major effect as these are used by most units in mainstream army composition. On other hand, giving some extra range to OND long-range arty special is absolutely trivial because range is like only thing it isn't lacking anyway.

Now with cray mains, question is, what is the goal?
Lets check current situation:
1. Core of cray armoured lineup are heavies, simple as that
2. Mains are situational unit that can be used to complement main lineup as they provide extra firepower over heavies. But they have minimal survivability which makes them unsuitable as replacement of heavies in core of armoured lineup.
(on OND its vice-versa, mediums are core, and heavies are situational for mine clearance and booster silliness)

Now what do we want to do here?
1. Do we want to change core of cray armoured lineup to mains? - then we should indeed give them AMS, simple as that, heavies would be relegated into situational role immediately
2. Or do we want to improve mains performance in their current role, as a situational unit complementing core lineup of heavies? - current changes clearly aim for that, and in my opinion it is better direction

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 27 Apr 2014 13:46

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 27 Apr 2014 15:14

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Apr 2014 06:31

ok if we are going to have heavys as the main unit for cray can we upgrade its AMS so that it can actually defend against 4 ond meds shooting moonburst at the same time?

and about cray meds we don't have to give them ams we could give them entrench (units that are entrenched cant take any damage but cant move)this special is in dark conspiracy
Last edited by shpooky on 30 Apr 2014 02:33, edited 2 times in total.
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Apr 2014 06:33

can we have it where ond is faster than cray but takes a longer time to accel and turn?
and cray be slower but accel faster than ond and turn faster?
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 29 Apr 2014 14:57

Stat:

I tested the cray arty again using the mod with the "Advanced Telemetry System" and the janices are still not accurate even after it is activated. It is accurate when targeted on idle units not on random terrain, this basically brings no changes.

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 29 Apr 2014 15:17

I was initially a bit worried how telemetry on arty affects balance but yes, as it doesn't affect supressive fire its impact isn't very significant here. For me powerplant seems somewhat more useful on arty.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 29 Apr 2014 16:11

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 29 Apr 2014 17:33

Overall I don't really see arty as something that needs significant buffing for crays anyway, so imo its quite ok that impact of this is relatively limited.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 30 Apr 2014 02:32

everyone ignored me XD

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps