GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Real Member

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby Marcos » 26 Jun 2015 04:03

this game was already, almost no one plays beyond us, this game had to have been released in 2010 or forward, in 2000 computers would run this game? no one my age knows this game or heard of it, and the game owner Also does nothing.
  (better idea would be this game to the site without GR and download it, but that's impossible, Improve the graphics and put the rank Also be impossible, accept Then the game is over)
Attachments
R.I.P.png
R.I.P.png (26.04 KiB) Viewed 7339 times

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 26 Jun 2015 16:50

game isint dead intill we stop playing it and just because we cant do those things right now no one said we cant do them later

we can still revive ground control
will it be hard? yes it will
is it possible? yes it is
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Real Member

Postby Van » 27 Jun 2015 01:26

What shpooky said is actually very true. Setting up a Revival will be the hard part and getting new people into the game. I'm trying to recruit friends in my vacinity as much as possible. But it just doesn't work out all the time and you can't always play.

But Giving up on getting GC a bigger fan base seems pretty weird. We basicly need to advertise ourselves outside the regular scenes, since you guys have already done most of it. I think we should try to start up the YouTube Channel again. Maybe get someone to comment on the games instead of just Ventrilo convoes. Some nice background music and try to get people to watch and start playing.

I might be setting up a stream, The biggest problem is that communication to viewers are necessary to make a good stream, but in Ground Control, you are either devoting your entire focus on playing or comms.

(Just gotta ask this, is it possible to spectate games? I think I saw some of the TST videos where you guys did it. But I honestly have no clue)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 27 Jun 2015 02:51

yea you can spectate you just have to kill your self using demo packs (like only bring a apc and 1-2 jag squads and place demos around apc let jags board the apc and activate the demos and tada! your spectating)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby mind-pt- » 27 Jun 2015 14:42

yep that is the only way to spectate which is very very poor as you can see, the ideal would be to have people be able to spectate outside of the game.

Anyway Van, if you have some patriotic friends you can tell them GC is a 100% Swedish product, maybe this will favour their opinion on it :D

--

On the subject of youtube broadcasts: I think we should unite efforts. meaning: to have a fusion between youtube channels, instead of people posting videos randomly on separated channels (Carter, Ninja, Me, Marcos, Compu, etc) without being much effective in terms of views or shares, perhaps it would be a good idea to create a new Youtube channel where a group of us works together in order to make something way better.

Real Member

Postby Marcos » 28 Jun 2015 01:13

mind-pt- wrote:yep that is the only way to spectate which is very very poor as you can see, the ideal would be to have people be able to spectate outside of the game.

Anyway Van, if you have some patriotic friends you can tell them GC is a 100% Swedish product, maybe this will favour their opinion on it :D

--

On the subject of youtube broadcasts: I think we should unite efforts. meaning: to have a fusion between youtube channels, instead of people posting videos randomly on separated channels (Carter, Ninja, Me, Marcos, Compu, etc) without being much effective in terms of views or shares, perhaps it would be a good idea to create a new Youtube channel where a group of us works together in order to make something way better.

It is a good idea , but first delete GR , and tutorials in English and Portuguese teaching all functions in the game for the new players, And the rank + levels for advance, keep players online always trying first place, and tournaments clans, events in the game etc.

Real Member

Postby Van » 28 Jun 2015 21:54

The One GC youtube channel needs to be done, where we can get some Video Tutorials, some Games with a Voice Spectator up and some sort of possible Spectator HuD (Should be possible to do in a video editing tool, where the spectator goes in and lists up the necessary information (Radar Yes/no?, Squads left and maybe score per team.) letting people know how the score is looking.

But thats for the future. Right now, Tutorials and some videos with a commentator would be awesome. (Maybe even 2 Commenters that discuss what is happening for maximum spectating joy)

One of the big problems for making streams happen right now is the jumping in and out of GC due to GR. If we were able to bypass that again and be always in. It would prolly do for some nice streaming material

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 28 Jun 2015 22:10

Stay cool people...

Stat is working on the GR replacement.

Wait until that is fine-tuned and working well. Then we can do a recruiting drive.

That project should reduce the heavy onboarding issues there are with this game. Ideally, you install it and GC and it just automatically updates everything for you.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 26 Jul 2015 06:06

I believe that numbers will go up since Rebellion released GC on STEAM, don't expect a flood gate to open, it starts with a trickle at first.

Real Member

Postby E-Dawg_snizzle » 22 Jul 2016 11:26

Evening all! I thought I'd share a (non technical/value based) change log for the new mod build. After installing, version number should read 1301. (download link on the GCvets page)

First thing to know is that this build doesn't change any of the GC vanilla units, weapons or equipment stats. So for the GC vanilla only vets, there's no need to be concerned/intrigued (except for the addition of a couple new maps!) All the changes in this mod apply to DC units and weapons ONLY and eliminate compatibility issues between GC and DC. So GC vanilla will work and run exactly the same as before regardless of if you have DC or not.

This mod fixes all of the issues/annoyances that come with DC such as;
- Phoenix vehicle movement! All phoenix vehicles now move fluently and are not ridiculously slow on take off and turning.
- Phoenix equipment, weapons and stats have been reworked and are now very balanced and in proportion to Crayven and OND. (and also bring usefulness to previously useless units/squads)
- Drones can now hit Phoenix tanks!
- A number of bug fixes and added missing files
- Fixed the compatibility issues with GC vanilla and DC (such as tech files and not being able to play custom single player missions with GC vanilla ect ect)
- Updated skins for Phoenix units (so they aren't so ugly anymore)
- Aligned some of the unit firing offsets (with DC units only. I will speak with Stat further about aligning vanilla units for the next release as he should have all the values)
- A few other small changes to make the game nicer to play, neaten things up, help hosting and prevent any crashing!
- There's also a couple extra multiplayer maps packed into it.

Extra maps packed into the mod are:
as_arcticpush
as_lunarassault (DC only)
as_storm
as1b_deathvalleysmall (smaller version of as1_death valley)
as3_charge
dm_canyon
dm_core
dm_saperiandesert
dm8_colosseum
sk_bootcamp
sz5b_craterbase (based off sz5_crater, has the same concept as sz7_heavymetal 2 with destroy-able bases/dropzones)
sz8_closer (another 6 team scorezone mission!)
tn2_dustyrush

DC units/equipment/weapons changes/stats are listed below;

*CRAYVEN UNITS*

Radar Terradyne: Part of the support branch, The Radar Terradyne has a very weak primary weapon and is pretty much just a portable radar. View Range increased from 400 Meters to 600 Meters (deployable radars are 680M) also increased weapon accuracy.
Units Per Squad: 1
Spec Weapons: Atmospheric ionizer (3 Charges), Charged Particle Burst (5 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), AMS (3 Charges)

Cray Power Armor: Very heavily armored infantry that are very slow and have a fairly short firing range. No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase
Units Per Squad: 2
Spec Weapons: AG-72 Short-Range Perforator (4 Charges), RMM-13 Heavy Infantry Mortar (3 Charges)
Equipment: Med kit (3 Charges), Entrench (3 Charges)

*ORDER UNITS*

Order Faithful: Lighter infantry than crusaders but a larger squad. No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 12
Spec Weapons: Needle Spray (4 Charges), Fires of the Damned (increased range and speed, reduced damage) (4 Charges)
Equipment: Med kit, Deployable Defender Gun, Holy Martyrdom (1 Charge [Suicide])

Order Power Armor: Very heavily armored infantry that are very slow and have a fairly short firing range. No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase
Spec Weapons: Close-Range Energy Perforator (4 Charges), GrU-9 RSA-AMS Missiles Mk. 7 (2 Charges)

*PHOENIX UNITS*

PX APC: Increased acceleration, max speed increased from 23 to 26 (cray APC = 24 OND APC = 28) view range is 350 (cray and ond APC is 300)

PX Basic: Exact equivalent to Marines and Crusaders. No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 8
Spec Weapons Hyper-Plasma Charges (3 Charges) Plasma Grenade (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Deployable Radar (1 Charge)

PX Snipers: Know to be extremely deadly, I've reduced the basic weapon range from 550M to 450M and also reduced the damage multiplier so they aren't ridiculously deadly anymore (can still do a lot of damage to the right targets!)
Units Per Squad: 3
Spec Weapons: Hermes Rounds (reduced range to 400M) (3 Charges), Ares AP rounds (reduced range to 450M) (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Vision (Image intensifier) (3 Charges)

PX Plasma Grenadier: increased range to 350M making them a lot more useful under the right circumstances.
Units Per Squad: 5
Spec Weapons: Expanding Napalm Grenades (increased range to 400M) (4 Charges), MicroNuke Grenades (increased range to 350M) (2 Charges)
Equipment: Med Kit (3 Charges), Mirage Cloaking Field (3 Charges), Disruptor (2 Charges)

PX Power Armor: No changes have been made to the stats of these units from the original DC except for a small weapon range increase.
Spec Weapons: Close-Range Perforator (4 Charges), Hot Plasma Burst (2 Charges)

PX Scout: increased the acceleration, top speed and turn speed to be a bit less than the hoverbike. View ranged reduced from 600 to 550. (cray and ond are at 500).
Spec Weapons: Hyper Rocket (reduced blast radius/splash from 40M to 30M) (1 Charge), Fireball (3 Charges) (changed from rocket mover type to bullet type)
Equipment: EMP Anti-Mine Discharge [destroys all mines in a 700M radius] (1 Charge), ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Vision (Image intensifier) (3 Charges)

PX Light tank: Edited to have slightly slower acceleration/friction and top speed as OND light hoverdyne. turn speed and top speed are faster than the Cray light but a little slower than ond. reduced view range from 400 to 350 (cray light tank and ond light hoverdyne are both 300)
Units Per Squad: 4
Spec Weapons: Fireball (3 Charges), Hades Incendiary Mortar [an incendiary version of the micro janice] (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Disruptor (2 Charges)

PX Medium tank: Increased the acceleration, turn speed and max speed to be inbetween that of an OND Med and a Cray med. turret turn speed same as both ond and cray.
Spec Weapons: Hellenback Rounds [Used to be called Hellenback Rockets and were very slow. I have edited them to be the exact equivalent of the Advanced HE round/Plasma Moonburst] (2 Charges), Land/Air Plasma Emulator (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), Advanced Telemetry System (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Heavy tank: Gave it the same acceleration/friction as the Cray Heavy Terradyne but with more top speed and vehicle turn speed.
Spec Weapons: Hellenback Rounds Mk.2 [Same as the med but with an extra round] (3 Charges), Land/Air Plasma Emulator (3 Charges)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds) Rocket (3 Charges)

PX AntiAir: Increased the turn speed and acceleration a little. also reduced view range from 550 to 500 as it was longer than the other AA units. (500 is plenty! same as cray AA)
Spec Weapons: None
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds)

PX Pyrodyne: Reworked the main weapon to spit fire with a range of 300M. Edited the health and armor to be the same as the Rocket Terradyne and edited the squad to have 3 units. (this works very well as it can now be used as a support unit and not just a heavily armored bull that has to charge right into the middle of a firefight to be useful)
Spec Weapons: High Radius Fuel [increased range to 450M] (4 Charges), Hades Maelstrom [Change the weapon mover type from a ballistic to a rocket type. Increased range to 300M] (3 Charges) *also edited the power of the weapons to compensate for having 3 units*
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Image intensifier (3 Charges). I removed Helios Flame from multiplayer (the 4 part self destruct thing) because it's over powered and will take away from proper game play. (still available in single player)

PX Artillery: Edited to have the same acceleration/friction/turnspeed as the Crayven Artillery but with a little more speed. reduced the view range from 300 to 250 (same as cray and ond arty).
Units Per Squad: 1
Spec Weapons: Nuclear Napalm (1 Charge), Anti-Plasma Destroyer (1 Charge)
Equipment: ADPP Repair (3 Charges), Personal Booster Station (Permanent 1 Charge), Advanced Telemetry System (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Scout Aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Plasma Bomb (1 Charge), Death From Above (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), AMH-Air Repair Unit (2 Charges), Advanced Telemetry System. (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Fighter Aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds),

PX Attack Aerodyne: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges), Anti-Personnel Bombs (4 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds), Advanced Telemetry System. (Permanent 1 Charge)

PX Swarm: No changes have been made to the units stats.
Units Per Squad: 6
Spec Weapons: Particle Accelerator (3 Charges) Death From Above (3 Charges)
Equipment: Rocket (3 Charges), AMS (4 Charges of 20 seconds),

*Note: the ADPP Repair pack works similar to the crayven ADPP but instead of healing constantly for 20 seconds it only heals for 10 seconds and takes 20 seconds to recharge (10 seconds on, 10 seconds off)* *Also the AMS system for Phoenix isn't quite as fast as the Crayven one.*

With all this being said, the Phoenix are now a very viable and playable faction that adds a bit more dynamic to the GC game play that we know and love! Would be awesome to see more of you give it a try now with this new mod!

P.S. Don't forget to download the updated Ninja maps! (make sure you remove the old ones too) the new map pack files should read 'v13-updated' at the end.

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps