GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby stAtrill » 29 Aug 2014 21:13

shpooky wrote:why just why........... do you keep making specs into bullets? isn't this getting rid of the point of having ams/def guns?(thus making cray weaker since ams is their only protection)
Shpooky, these weapons do no damage to tanks, and minor damage to supports - they are anti-inf weapons, like the originals. Further, CC's main protection comes from positional advantage, not AMS, as CCs main weakness, beams, couldn't care less AMS ;)

And yes, this adds an additional weakness to defgun/rad combo bases, which are the main reason for the sitting around waiting for something to happen in hilly maps. This situational advantage, however, may end up being very insignificant, and they may not even be taken in game for the same reason the originals weren't: it costs you an Adv HE round, or Moonburst.

Cheers,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Aug 2014 23:08

ok you got away with this one..............
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 31 Aug 2014 02:03

In my opinion, the auto cannons with just a small reduction in range would have smoothed them out. But now they have this limited ammo thing.

The best principle is one-change-then-test. Otherwise, you get disoriented.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 31 Aug 2014 06:51

Again, we attempt to test the changes behind the scenes, though, admittedly, we had less than usual feedback to go on for this version. I do agree that the principle is quite valid.

In quite related news, I would like to continue soliciting feedback; if you or anyone else has any opinion/thoughts/etc, please take the few moments to type it out here!

Cheers,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 31 Aug 2014 11:32

Leave us more time to test the changes. A couple of days aren't enough at least for me... maybe I'm just sluggishly slow

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 31 Aug 2014 12:04

Range reduction is ok, not so sure about ammo reload, it probably should be lowered as it makes turret unable to deliver dmg except to cray and inf. A med squad can rush it, shield, and then when it depletes ammo, easily kill it. It still does erase support stuff, especially when placed right.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 31 Aug 2014 19:43

i agree with darix possibly give the turrets more bullets to fire between reloads

and also about what nox said give us more time.... you came asking for info on the first day.....(we don't really know what changes have been made except for turret related stuff)

and also some of us feel as if we arent being listened to........(cough carter cough)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 31 Aug 2014 20:15

shpooky wrote:i agree with darix possibly give the turrets more bullets to fire between reloads

and also about what nox said give us more time.... you came asking for info on the first day.....(we don't really know what changes have been made except for turret related stuff)

and also some of us feel as if we arent being listened to........(cough carter cough)

Well, I reviewed my video of the matches, and now I see the rationale for making the auto cannon deplete for awhile.

It would be nice to at least try the Counter-Measures Spec Equip.

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 11 Sep 2014 21:03

well...... i think turrets should be given their old range back but keep the reload time then the turret in mt opinion is perfect maybe add some more firing rounds between reloads

a counter spec? carter?

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 11 Sep 2014 22:57

I watched the video of the turrets.

Here's a way to reduce the damage-per-second (on average).

We can't reduce the rate-of-fire because the turret has a specific animation (correct me if I'm wrong).

You put in a huge (2.5 minute) "cool-off" period.

How about a staggered small cool off period of say X seconds, between each burst?

Spooky, the Counter-Measures Spec Equipment combined a shortened AMS with a Crayven repair, plus a visual indicator.

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps