GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby Sarvik » 08 Jul 2014 11:27

_nOx_ wrote:- Rockets with CC Advanced Powerplant are a bit too fast. If it was possible I would make the increasing percentages slightly lower for them.

Hmm, gotta try this, seemed so obviously inferior choice to AMS that I haven't even bothered to try this so far.

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 08 Jul 2014 11:40

Try that in rough terrain. DM3 is perfect for them with that equipment.

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 08 Jul 2014 12:33

About the speed boost (APP) on rockets what I've seen these weeks is as sarvik stated, people prefer AMS all the time because you have a bigger chance to keep your rockets alive like that, so quite honestly i don't see a big deal out of it in terms of unbalancing the game, also for team play, AMS is useful for you and for your team mates, so it is a rather better decision to take it.

So in my view, the rockets without AMS = big handicap, if you compensate that with decent speed that matches Cray mediums, its perfectly fine and still a bit slower than ond meds.

About the CC arty,this last weekend it took me a lot of time to kill it because of the repair module, so perhaps it is something we should look at.

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 08 Jul 2014 12:50

Notice I used "a bit" and "slightly" That means I've noticed that as the increases are made in % that affects more to rockets than to other units. At some point we will have to fine tune the modifications. Seriously. Try that on a bumpy map and you will notice they seem to be on speed (MDMA). Remember the modification is stable for the whole game once is activated.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 08 Jul 2014 22:09

Hey, peeps, just finished building my new PC and getting my bits for it, just finished installing all the software for GC and the maps.. mod etc. etc. I will play this Friday... I need a break from all the late nights at work :)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 24 Jul 2014 03:36

stAtrill wrote:By all means, will do. This current release seems pretty solid, so we will probably not be making a release until next Friday anyway.

I just finished watching the episode (wish I would have played better that game lol). The main questions are:
The Sand Table wrote:Do we want Crayven to become a faction truly equal in open terrain, in its own unique way?

Or do we want Crayven to remain a second-class "support faction" that only helps Order?

I am also curious to hear what people have to say. Some of those in the testing group have already contributed advice in this regard, maybe you fine gentlemen wouldn't mind repeating yourselves here?

Cheers,
-Stat

well i think cray and ond should be balanced in their own ways, I think we should save the support faction role for phoenix(when we get to fixing DC)
for it already has a few specs that make them perfect for the job
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 24 Jul 2014 19:04

Yes, the factions should be balanced in their own way. Nothing I've said has been to the contrary, regarding that.

But they should still be balanced.

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 02 Aug 2014 21:41

Last night I played Order and came up against some turrets. I got some new perspective on them.

I'm going to start a new thread to address this one issue as it seems to be a divisive one in the community.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 29 Aug 2014 18:18

Evening gents! This build should wrap up a few concerns from the 1.1.0.5 version, and should be a decent building block for a CC rebalance. This version isn't extremely change-heavy, and I hope you gents enjoy! ^^ Upon successful install, version number will be 1.2.0.0.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kwnw1 ... /Data2.SDF
Note: Like the other download links, this is a perma-link.

Let's take a peek inside:

Heavy Autocannon:

-Attack range reduced from 300 m to 275 m -Carter, Ghat, et al
-View range reduced from 330 m to 275 m (to match attack range) -Stat
-Damage multiplier reduced from 2.2 to 2.0 -Stat
-Base reload time decreased from 0.2s to 0.1s (from 3-4 rounds per second to 4-6 rounds per second) -Stat
-Ammo system implemented; 45 base rounds, 2.5 minute reload time -Stat

Sentry Rocket:
-Armor decreased from 110 to 85 (the rocket sentry can now take damage from infantry weapons) -Darix
-Health increased from 2500 to 4000 (calculated to offset armor reduction, should take about the same time to kill with standard units) -Stat

HE Rounds rework -(Reaper, Ghat, et al):
-Range from 250m to 350 m
-Speed set to 650 from 350
-Blast radius from 20m to 30m
-Round is now a bullet (aka will penetrate AMS, defenderguns)

Sunburst -(Reaper, Ghat, et al):
-Range from 250m to 400m
-Max Speed from 350 m/s to 850 m/s
-Acceleration from 300 m/s/s to 900 m/s/s
-Blast radius from 20 m to 35 m
-Charges from 3 to 4

What this update does:
This version generally addresses loose strings, and concerns from the previous version. The range of the Autocannon turret has been reduced, and ammo has been implemented, with some values tweaked. The turret is generally scarier inside of it's range, with more effective DPS to meds, and less or unchanged effective DPS to supports. Additionally, large periods with no ability to shoot were introduced. This AC rework is a tad unorthodox, but it should hopefully clear up remaining contention in the group regarding turrets. The rocket turret was modified so that infantry weapons may damage it, yet still have the same effective health to tanks and other units. Finally, Reaper's suggestions to remove or improve Sunburst / HE rounds were considered, and, over the long term, improvement seems the best route. Although still not incredibly useful, both now have ranges longer than Moonburst (the original ranges were shorter!!), flight speeds and blast radii are increased, and the CC version is now a bullet, giving it new abilities (for example: killing jeags hiding behind AMS, and radars hiding behind defenderguns).

Remember: Please voice your thoughts in this thread! Do these changes bring the turrets more in line with other GC battle units? How successful are these changes at improving standard weekend gameplay?? And as usual, anything in this build can be tweaked in the future if new concerns arise. :)

Finally, should anyone need to rollback, the original Data2.sdf file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz9vvcqqr5cjkzd/Data2ORIG.sdf
Copy to GC/data, rename it to 'Data2.sdf', and hit yes to confirm the overwrite. You will see version number 1.0.1.1 in the bottom right of the main menu upon successful rollback.

Thanks again to the coolest gaming community,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 29 Aug 2014 20:15

why just why........... do you keep making specs into bullets? isn't this getting rid of the point of having ams/def guns?(thus making cray weaker since ams is their only protection)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps