GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

This forum is dedicated to the ones who take care about Ground Control mods and creating maps.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby stAtrill » 25 Apr 2014 05:51

Update: a new update for GC has been released on 7/13/2014. The update is 1.1.0.4, all download links have been updated. Changelog is here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7203&start=100#p9795

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After an alpha and beta testing session (thanks Ajan, Swift, Ghat, Nox, Mind, Shpooky, and any others that I am forgetting), the final version has been released! This mod is built with everything that we have learned so far, and is designed to be acceptable by all of the current Vets. For being given such a pretentious name, it really is quite simple:

1) Cray vehicle equipment has been reworked
2) At the consensual request of the testing crew, drones' target tracking has been reverted to GCBalanceMod settings (drones are more accurate and 'curve' slightly less).
3) Also at the consensual request of the testing crew, OND Artillery longrange shot has had range increased from 1000 meters to 1300 meters.

The download is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kwnw1 ... /Data2.SDF

Installation is simply copying to your GC/data folder, then select 'Copy and Replace' when windows asks you to overwrite. You will know if you have successfully installed the update if the version shown in the bottom right of the main menu is 1.1.0.1 (build one of minor revision one of version one) rather than 1.0.1.1 (build eleven of version one).

The Cray equipment rework will be explained in the next post.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this build! See you guys on the ground,
-Stat
Last edited by stAtrill on 17 Jun 2014 04:16, edited 2 times in total.

Board-General

Re: GC 1.1.0.1 update mod

Postby stAtrill » 25 Apr 2014 06:11

Okay, this post is supplemental information:

The cray equipment rework:

1) Cray Vehicle healthpacks now heal damage over time. Just like all healthpacks, they can only be activated after damage is taken, and they will recharge a unit for 30 seconds. When activated (and combined with 'defensive' loadout), this can make a unit very tanky.

2) Advanced telemetry system: This is a permanent accuracy boost combined with a permanent vision boost (equivalent to one artemis and one vision enhancer). Activate upon landing for best effect. Especially useful on Cray arty (which benefits from the accuracy boost) and Cray meds (which have a weapon range larger than their vision range).

3) Advanced powerplant: This is a permanent mobility boost, combined with a permanent icon to distinguish users from normal tanks. Significantly increases turning speed and acceleration. This causes cray units to become much more nimble; less pathfinding errors, less navigation errors, and allows Cray meds to actually hold their own in a skirmish. Also enabled for support units, though less useful on supports.

Finally, should anyone need to rollback, the original Data2.sdf file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iz9vvcqqr5cjkzd/Data2ORIG.sdf
Copy to GC/data, rename it to 'Data2.sdf', and hit yes to confirm the overwrite. You will see version number 1.0.1.1 in the bottom right of the main menu upon successful rollback.

See you on the ground guys!
-Stat

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 25 Apr 2014 12:02

I think it's important be clear that the "Advanced Powerplant" isn't exactly like a booster on OND, nevertheless I think you still should specify here how much % was the speed improvement on this spec - (10%? 15%?).

I think the designation of advanced powerplant isn't so clear for what it does, what I think it does is make those Crayven meds more tactical effective, like a flat map specialization.

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 25 Apr 2014 14:41

1. As mind said, actual numerical changes, either in percentage form or simply "old value"->"new value" form, would be useful to understand what terms like "Significantly increase" mean.
2. Could you give quick breakdown of new cray equipment for units that have anything different. Its sort of unclear what exactly changed where. Did Cray heavies get that Artemis+Vision thing? Did anything change for cray scouts? Etc.

Board-Major

Postby mind-pt- » 25 Apr 2014 14:49

Sarvik wrote: cray scouts?

!!! these would need changing

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 25 Apr 2014 18:16

I need to try it more but it's quite interesting. I think that repair thing will need to be checked and weakened a little somehow. Something must be able to blow up a unit or you'll have in practical terms a 30 seconds immortal squad... as I said. I need to try it further.
Now we are touching things I suggest to downgrade OND heavy boosters a bit too or make them unable to stack to avoid disappearing units and ghost fire. I specially like that improvement for principals. (no idea how it's called).

Anyway. good work. Take care.

[_nOx_]

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 25 Apr 2014 18:25

cray scouts\lights definitely need a new spec, at least comparable to the OND counterpart, cuz right now they're pretty useless.
Also why not making deployable turrets a bit more durable, enough to make them at least a concern :D
As for the improvements\repair, those should be tested ingame, only way to see how they affect gameplay

P.S. this looks like the old gc balance mod, just saying :mrgreen:

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 25 Apr 2014 18:39

Oops - it was one in the morning at the time, I think a supplemental supplemental-post is due. ;)

mind-pt- wrote:I think it's important be clear ... I think the designation of advanced powerplant isn't so clear for what it does ...
Sarvik wrote: ...As mind said, actual numerical changes .. would be useful to understand what terms like "Significantly increase" mean.
2. Could you give quick breakdown of new cray equipment ...
Here is the total changelog:

Cray Vehicle Healthpacks:
->Health + 15 per game tick (50 ticks per second) from +1000
->Duration set to 30 seconds, from Oneshot
->Cooldown set to 30 seconds, from 1.2 seconds

Cray Vehicle Advanced Telemetry System:
->Number of uses set to 1
->Duration set to permanent
->Vision range extension set to 200 meters (as in, a unit will have it's vision extended by 200 meters, or about the weapon range of a Cray Marine)
->Accuracy multiplier set to 3 (as in, if a unit would normally have a 33% chance of hitting a target given terrain and light/darkness, then it will have a 99% percent chance of hitting the target)
->Enabled for medium tanks, anti-air, and artillery

Cray Vehicle Advanced Powerplant:
->Number of uses set to 1
->Duration set to permanent
->Max Speed of a unit increased by 15%
->Turning Speed of a unit increased by 50%
->Acceleration of a unit increased by 30%
->Enabled for heavy and medium tanks, and all support units.

Notes: I wanted the advanced telemetry system to improve everything regarding fire control, while powerplant improves everything regarding mobility. There is only one more thing I would like ATS to do that it currently does not: I want it to improve the turn-rates of the turret. I am not sure if this is possible in the engine though.

Cheers,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 25 Apr 2014 19:18

DarixIta wrote:P.S. this looks like the old gc balance mod, just saying :mrgreen:
In order to avoid the rollout mess that the BalanceMod had, I am trying to heed all of the advice given from the BalanceMod and have some program goals:
->Any Friday release will be complete and bug free.
->Stay away from controversial fixes (AKA adding AMS to Cray meds).
->Install/Update and rollback process should be idiot-proof.*
->I am trying to minimize the amount of changes made in any one version. This version, GC 1 revision 1, is focused on Cray equipment. Any large overhauls will be spread across multiple versions, themselves all self-complete.
*We did some testing, and I think I have figured out how to keep a player from crashing if they don't have the proper version installed. In fact, they can still effectively use certain aspects of the mod as long as it is installed on the host's machine.

_nOx_ wrote:I think that repair thing will need to be checked and weakened a little somehow. ... I suggest to downgrade OND heavy boosters a bit too or make them unable to stack to avoid disappearing units and ghost fire ...
DarixIta wrote:cray scouts\lights definitely need a new spec, at least comparable to the OND counterpart, cuz right now they're pretty useless.
Also why not making deployable turrets a bit more durable, enough to make them at least a concern :D
All of these are being added to a Feature-Request list for the next version ;) As to de-breaking boosters (and afterburner, as well), I have an idea that I intend to run past the testing crew next Wednesday or Thursday.

Looking to the future, the next build will probably finish up any tweaks to Cray equipment, plus make any necessary changes to OND equipment. OND actually has a decent library of equipment as-is, and likely isn't going to require a full rework as Cray has. Then, we can see how the game plays and take it from there ;)

I love working with you guys,
-Stat

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 25 Apr 2014 23:06

Okay... To be fair... There are some intriguing changes.

Generally you want to introduce one change at a time and then test it a lot.

Since ideas are being thrown around, why not give Mains AMS? I know some say that might be drastic... but that would sure make Crayven more relevant.

Next

Return to Ground Control - Mods | Maps