Timothy Alan Carter

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Timothy Alan Carter

Postby Admiral Ghat » 05 Nov 2016 22:07

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thesta ... =182056573

Just heard the news and I still have a hard time believing it. Carter has always been with us. Even now, he WILL always be with us. Ours is not a large community, and when someone departs we all feel it. Carter was not always the easiest to get along with. He might not have been the best player in the community. But he was always there. Always enthusiastic. Sometimes happily tipsy, sometimes grumpy, but always passionate. He was more than happy to share his experiences in the video game industry with us. He had very particular (and usually correct) views on development, which came through most clearly when the mod was being built and evolving. When Rebellion purchased the rights to Ground Control, he was the one who was at the forefront of contacting them to try to negotiate for the source code. He even contacted others in the gaming industry to try to keep the effort alive, and believed that we could turn GC into an e-sport. It didn't matter that we have a small community and the game itself is practically forgotten. All that mattered was that he believed in the project and was passionate about it. As a player, he was exceptional with his artillery and knew how to communicate effectively, making his team more effective than the sum of its parts because of it. Through thick and thin, he kept coming back, leaving an irreplaceable legacy of 16 years in our circle.

You'll be missed, Carter. This one's for you.

Board-General

Re: Timothy Alan Carter

Postby shpooky » 06 Nov 2016 07:11

NO! NO NO NONONONNONONONNNO
FUCK!
T_T not another one!
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 06 Nov 2016 07:25

anyone find crinks? (Andy Kennedy)
i only work in cyan and sometimes really really bright blue :D so bright it burns your eyes!!!!!

(if you have any questions don't be afraid to PM me or you can contact me via email ddavidshpak@aol.com)

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 06 Nov 2016 07:37

carter will be missed

now i feel like his crazy idea about giving cray ond shields to test it out is something we have to do

Real Member

Postby DarixIta » 06 Nov 2016 16:00

Maybe not the easiest person to get along with, but always honest and willing to help the commuity. Every one leaving our community is a loss, but his, is a non replaceable one.

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 22 Nov 2016 01:41

:cry: He will be sorely missed

Board-General

Postby shpooky » 03 Mar 2017 10:44

Carter was a friend, instead of just showing up to play some GC we would play some alien swarm afterwards and hang out and talk about his past experiences working on games like world in conflict Amongst other things

although i disagreed with him on how to balance GC i enjoyed hearing his ideas
And about how he loved GC and how it could be improved.
Just talking to carter generally was enjoyable
He had a passion for GC.... he had hope for the game franchise and its future

He truly loved GC and was a true and loyal fan
And its a shame to see him go

And i wish i would have been more active before you passed away.....
Ill miss talking and playing video games with you carter...
Its been a honor knowing you
I hope you rest well......

Return to Ground Control - General