Balancing CRAY and new SFX (To E Dawg)

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-Major

Balancing CRAY and new SFX (To E Dawg)

Postby Compuguy » 30 Jul 2016 08:09

As i proposed before, here are two changes that should be added as soon as possible
1. A tank destroyer squad for Crayven. Plays the same role as beams, but maybe with 2 units in high armour and a very high damage cannon, special alike the T-7 Guana Turret except with less radius, or a very high pen round that can go through multiple targets ;)

2. Updated nuke and some other explosion special effects
- They look slightly outdated :cry:
- Also please make the unit markers unique in shape, like a shield for tanks and a person for infantry

Beginner

Re: Balancing CRAY and new SFX (To E Dawg)

Postby E-Dawg_snizzle » 05 Aug 2016 02:26

If this is a serious post, A tank destroyer squad would be silly (imo) and there is no space in the squad config screen under the tank or support branch so it would have to go under the infantry branch. As far as I'm concerned, Crayven is balanced very well and if you think otherwise then you don't know how to implement the right tactics =P. However, if you can create the models for a new unit, then I would be more than happy to try and work it out and give it a try.

As far as the graphics go, I might do something like this in the future. Otherwise, you can edit them yourself however you want and it won't effect others in multiplayer or your ability to play multiplayer games. Just extract the graphics.sdf file (and/or the data0 file). All the graphics used in the game's models/animations will be in a folder called textures. Edit them as you please but only you will be able to see it.

Return to Ground Control - General