Hi there ! Vets here

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner

Hi there ! Vets here

Postby Aramyl » 19 Feb 2016 02:27

What a big surprise to see GC in steam i bought it for 5 box and buy the way i discover some old friends still playing GC. I was name Yeliel or maybee Gwyon 15 years later i'm BACK :) I remember Carter, Tueurs and others i saw on the screenshots. Will be glad to play a couple of matchs again with you and with the other naturelly.

I think i cant play GC on Gameranger with my steam game install. I DL the game from fileplanet but its a .crdownlaod folder and i cant open the folder to install the game on my PC. Can you help me with that problem ?

Real Member

Re: Hi there ! Vets here

Postby Marcos » 19 Feb 2016 17:25

Hi welcome back , you need version of fileplanet , and uninstall the steam version, the crdownload folder is a download that has not ended,when download completes appears '' Ground_Control_GSI '' , do not forget to download the maps and the MOD ;) .

Beginner

Postby Aramyl » 19 Feb 2016 18:39

You mean i need to uninstall the game in steam ? Do you think that will fix the problem with the .crdownload problem ?

I tried to dl many time from filepanert but i received an orange danger message from Chrome about possibility of hackers from this site. So i think i will pay the 5 box to grab the game from GOG. Is this version of the game is good to play with you in GameRanger ?

For the mod and maps is it the folder Data2 ? i checked on your website and dont see if its 2 separate folder

Do you think some people will be online arround 23h00 GMT to help me to fix my stuff ?

I already have Ventrilo and GameRanger installed :)
Last edited by Aramyl on 19 Feb 2016 18:57, edited 1 time in total.

Real Member

Postby Marcos » 19 Feb 2016 18:55

try downloading with another browser, this may solve the problem, it's good you have just FilePlanet GC version to have no errors in the game, the Mod you should put in the folder
C: / Sierra / GC / Data , the forum is not very active, but you will see more people online at night GameRanger.

Beginner

Postby Aramyl » 19 Feb 2016 19:02

Like Explorer or godzilla ? And are you sure there is no chance to pick some virus if i grab the game from Fileplanet. I dont want to mess up my PC you know :)

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 19 Feb 2016 23:12

Unless something bad has happened with Fileplanet recently then it should be ok, we all downloaded from there. You could also give steam version a try. I think theoretically it could work, just none of the regulars here have tried it with GR.

Beginner

Postby Aramyl » 20 Feb 2016 16:49

I used Explorer and i did it . i played 3 games yesterday and it was cool. Im up for matchs today and tomorow evening ( GMT time)

Cya

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 27 Feb 2016 19:44

Was good to play with you again, Yeliel. :D
Hope to see you tonight.

Board-Major

Postby Compuguy » 01 Mar 2016 01:23

We should really have our own standardised mirror, preferably megaup, media fire, or Google drive, if law allows it. This should fix any issues if the speed is decent.

Return to Ground Control - General