[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Conversation with NinjaPrime tonight

Conversation with NinjaPrime tonight

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Conversation with NinjaPrime tonight

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 07 Jul 2013 22:44

Ninja_Prime [UK]: Hi carter
XFunc_CaRteR: hi
Ninja_Prime [UK]: watching your vid CQB
XFunc_CaRteR: cool
Ninja_Prime [UK]: strange to watch it from another angle
XFunc_CaRteR: i guess so
XFunc_CaRteR: i got the same sensation from watching others
Ninja_Prime [UK]: all I can hear is Stat talking LOL
XFunc_CaRteR: yes... my voices was too low
XFunc_CaRteR: same in the next video I'm about to post. I frigging whisper
XFunc_CaRteR: I think it's because that's what I was trained to do in the army
XFunc_CaRteR: I just get into that hunting modality, and whisper, as if I'm on patrol
Ninja_Prime [UK]: how long were you in the service
XFunc_CaRteR: i was just in 4 years, reservist
Ninja_Prime [UK]: did you see any action??
XFunc_CaRteR: are you kidding? this is 1986 to 90.
XFunc_CaRteR: if I saw action it would've been WW3
Ninja_Prime [UK]: oh LOL
XFunc_CaRteR: we were still 11 years away from Sept 11
XFunc_CaRteR: when I left
XFunc_CaRteR: is your vent not working?
XFunc_CaRteR: i'm not on but joining now
Ninja_Prime [UK]: does anyone show up on a sunday?
XFunc_CaRteR: sometimes
XFunc_CaRteR: sometimes not
XFunc_CaRteR: i've seen really busy sundays
XFunc_CaRteR: but i guess it's the summer doldrums
XFunc_CaRteR: people away, doing things
Ninja_Prime [UK]: I got to go anyway..BTW any progress about GC and getting the rights to it ??
XFunc_CaRteR: progress? well, we talked about that
XFunc_CaRteR: do you have the contact info for Rebellion?
XFunc_CaRteR: if so, could you email it to me?
XFunc_CaRteR: xfunc.carter@gmail.com
XFunc_CaRteR: so i can contact them
Ninja_Prime [UK]: just check their website, they have a contact section, not sure what the address is
XFunc_CaRteR: what's their website?
Ninja_Prime [UK]: one sec
Ninja_Prime [UK]: www.rebellion.co.uk
XFunc_CaRteR: my machien is rendering now
XFunc_CaRteR: slow
Ninja_Prime [UK]: not sure who to really contact their,
XFunc_CaRteR: thanks a ton
XFunc_CaRteR: are they a big company?
Ninja_Prime [UK]: I am getting a new PC soon
XFunc_CaRteR: cool
Ninja_Prime [UK]: they did stuff like Sniper elite 2 and the Alien Preditor games
XFunc_CaRteR: okay
XFunc_CaRteR: i might no a guy who worked with them
XFunc_CaRteR: *know
Ninja_Prime [UK]: they also did Judge Dreed V zombies
XFunc_CaRteR: hey, does yiour Vent still work?
Ninja_Prime [UK]: they bought the rights to comic 2000AD
Ninja_Prime [UK]: yes it does n=but not in game
XFunc_CaRteR: NP, you gotta stay with us on Ventrillo
XFunc_CaRteR: what happened to it?
XFunc_CaRteR: i wiould recommand a reinstallation
Ninja_Prime [UK]: lets test it now..
XFunc_CaRteR: i'm on vent now
Ninja_Prime [UK]: ok joining

Board-General

Re: Conversation with NinjaPrime tonight

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 08 Jul 2013 06:58

If anyone knows who to actually contact at Rebellion, that would be great, as some of the ideas that have been floated about once we get hold of the source code would really be great. And it would bring some extra life to this title again!

I think what really came out of the conversation we had on Vent, was that this community has the people to make this happen, but its getting hold of that source code. We are not trying to reinvent the wheel, just tweak it a little. The fact that this game is 13 years old and still stands up against newer games is a testament to its unique style of play. GC is like the FPS of RTS games, there is no other RTS game that takes you straight into battle, No base building, no resource gathering, nothing but pure tactics and fun! But I'm already preaching to the converted!

Another idea and which is possible, is to use GC rather than GR to host the games, as Carter was explaining to me, use GC as some sort of Peer to Peer to create LAN games from and also enable some sort of communication that will integrate with GC, so rather than have GR,Vent and GC all running at the same time, we just use GC to do everything, this will only be possible if we get the source code.

Another thing that came out of the conversation was that we need to get more exposure, I started my youtube site to get more people to reel them into this game, not really sure if its working yet, but I have been getting a steady number of views, and it is early days yet. So please support all the vets, such as Compuguy, carter and myself to promote our sites to the world!! Tell your friends, your children your workmates, anyone who will listen. My wish is that we can make this game better and bigger than before.

Help us obtain the source code and watch us take this game to new heights......

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 08 Jul 2013 14:39

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 08 Jul 2013 16:28

Hi Stat,

That's great I will check those numbers out and see where it gets me. Carter let me know if you want to go ahead with me contacting Rebellion or do you want me to wait until your Youtube site is set-up and running, either way doesn't matter to me, let me know.

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 08 Jul 2013 20:19

Don't go contacting anyone just yet, guys.

I know a videogame financier, whom I think we might tap as our agent, to transact this deal and possibly to raise some money as well.

It is very very very important that we are all on the same page about this when we approach the owner.

There are also legal issues, regarding the structure of the game and the deal.

What I need is contact info - specifically email addresses - from all of you people who want to participate in this. Then I'll draw up a letter that lays out the plan - including who or what is approaching Rebellion, what our ask is, what the organization is that will buy it, what the intention of that organization is, how we'll raise money, who will manage it. In my opinion, it's got to be a democratic organization - something like a co-operative or a non-profit corporation (however, it may need to be a for-profit corporation if we want to raise any decent funding).

We'll take some time talking about the plan first.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 08 Jul 2013 21:35

Carter count me in.. I will PM you my email address..

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 09 Jul 2013 06:50

BTW is there anyway we can make this a private thread, we don't want everyone knowing our plans, not yet anyway?

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 09 Jul 2013 17:20

Maybe we should start a new one.

Return to Ground Control - General