[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Friday Nights game footage on Youtube

Friday Nights game footage on Youtube

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Friday Nights game footage on Youtube

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 01 Jul 2013 18:48

DM - Chalkpit
http://youtu.be/aJ2xp-AaRnA

DM - Katana2
http://youtu.be/dER7JafNXAI

I get the feeling that Carter was impressed with DM-Chalkpit, I think every one enjoyed the maps, BTW _nOx_ I know why you couldn't suppress fire in some areas of the map, it was because, and I didn't find this out until after I had created the map, those areas that don't allow suppressive fire are black in the heightmap, and for some reason the game will not fire on it. I will change this in a future map pack.

Board-General

Re: Friday Nights game footage on Youtube

Postby Sarvik » 02 Jul 2013 12:41

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 02 Jul 2013 13:12

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 02 Jul 2013 14:31

Sorry Sarvik, my mistake, I will definitely change the map so you can pound the ground with your arty unit, while _nOx_ sneaks behind you!

Board-General

Postby XFunc_CaRteR » 04 Jul 2013 20:43

I think, NP, that you have to prune the props. There are a LOT of props on your map, and I think the way Massive wrote their net code, those props generate net traffic. It's creating terrible lag.

In game levels if you just put a few props of a certain kind in, you generate the "feeling" of much more. One or two boulders at the bottom of a pit or gulley can give the feeling of collapsing rubble collecting there.

Board-General

Postby Ninja_Prime52 » 05 Jul 2013 05:18

Yes I know about creating a feeling or look, I have been trying to save time by using propgen to generate the props, and then editing it in the .prp file and thinning things down a bit, the version of propgen generates 1000 props per theme, I remember that one of the earlier versions released allowed you to control this number. I tend to go through phases in my map designs, and the number of props can be an issue for some players, me included, who have very slow broadband connections, I am lucky to get a 1mb connection on a good day. I guess that's the downside of living out in the countryside. Would you know if the number of weeds would also cause this, or is it only particular props that cause this?

Return to Ground Control - General