[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Operation - Angel Playtest

Operation - Angel Playtest

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Operation - Angel Playtest

Postby ninja_prime » 08 Jun 2013 09:25

Here is the link to last nights play test of Operation - Angel

http://youtu.be/qf0rZRbCOTE

Board-General

Re: Operation - Angel Playtest

Postby stAtrill » 11 Jun 2013 18:46

I really feel the defenders should spawn much closer to the general area that the APC can spawn in. If the attackers so chose, they could take scouts and drop mines under the apc, or take 2-3 squads of lights on offensive and double speed-boost and they would clear the apc before the defender's meds could get in there to do anything about it.

That said, I feel the defenders should be able to get a main body of defense in there before the attackers are able to get a main attack force, and unfortunately, this game is biased in a way that makes it is muuuuuuch easier to kill something it is to defend it. Mainly because there is only one real method to defend something out in the open (bunch of meds and beams), and multiple different methods to kill something in the open (too many to list).

Like, lets say I had to attack. Lets also say I had a bad day, and wanted to be mean to my defenders. I would take both lights on speed and scouts. The lights would deal high initial damage to the APC, until the defenders arrived. The defenders have to speedboost as well to reach the APC in time, and speedboost keeps you from being able to micro your units. I would exploit this by placing mines in patches off to either side of the apc, so that, as the SBed units fly large circles as they orbit their targets/destinations, they have a very high chance of catching mines in the orbit.

Alternatively, I could just light/speedboost rush with 3-4 squads set to speed and spec the APC 3 times - guaranteed kill. The defenders would have no chance of reacting fast enough to save it, even if they took all lights themselves.

The weapon breakdown:
Electrofield: 250 base damage, 3x multiplier
Electrodagger: 400 base damage

Cray Apc health 7000, armor of 85.

Electrofield does 495 damage against APC.
Electrodagger does 315 damage against APC (another thing we tried to fix in mod, the anti-infantry spec doubles as the anti-tank spec [the antitank spec of which is useless]).

That is to say that you have to connect 15 electrofields to kill the cray APC. 2 light squads burning 2 specs could do it, or, if someone took a single dropship of lights, it would only take a single spec to deal more than enough damage to kill an apc.

-Stat

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Re: Operation - Angel Playtest

Postby ninja_prime » 11 Jun 2013 19:47

Hi Stat, thanks for your observations, I have changed the DZ for the defenders and they should be landing a lot closer to the APC. After play-testing this a few times myself, what I will do is delay the attackers by doing a random timer when their DZ appears after the defenders have dropped. This will make allow the attackers to grab the APC before the attackers make planet fall. Because the Exfil is randomised this should add extra tension to the game. I could also reduce it to one DS each player. I will also increase the time before the game ends, so that should the defenders make it to the exfil zone, they will have to wait, giving the attackers time to get to them.

Return to Ground Control - General