[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Gameranger/Tungle/Hamachi/others

Gameranger/Tungle/Hamachi/others

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-Major

Re: Gameranger/Tungle/Hamachi/others

Postby Compuguy » 28 Apr 2013 01:28

well, got around to tunngling with shpooky and it worked out fine :D

We had a near LAGLESS match and a lot of fun clearing each others mines.

As for nox, i think he couldnt get it working because shpooky accidentally blocked it in his firewall, same problem that he fixed with me.

Real Member

Postby N3ST » 02 May 2013 08:25

Hello Guys,

I finally get ride of all my issue :D . I only need to test Ground Control on windows 8 EUFI, I hope I won't have a low framerate issue.
About tunngle, when I player with reaper, it was working fine without any lag.
Maybe we could tried,
Anyway see tomorrow guys ;)

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 05 May 2013 18:08

I've been trying to get guy's to play on Tunngle for a while now, I hope we can finally get a game with several vets soon...

Board-General

Postby _nOx_ » 05 May 2013 20:20

I'll be brief:

I hate it.

I'll be less brief:

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it!!!

... ¬.¬

Beginner

Postby Crinckle » 05 May 2013 22:21

I have a concern that what's already a tiny community will fragment between 2 different LAN emulators, and the numbers will not be sustainable for either. The inherent problem is neither GR or Tunngle work for everyone. There are already quite a few that jump on GR for 10 secs and immediately leave if there isn't a room up. With everyone on Tunngle (in which you must have GR shut down) they will disappear completely.

There is a solution, we have always had (but never used) an IRC channel (Quakenet : #groundcontrol) which if everyone hangs in when online, or jump on vent. Personally I get both Tunngle and GR to work, and acceptable frame rates on both so I'm fairly impartial. If you need a free IRC client Firefox / Chatzilla.

There will be a certain necessity to evangelise the IRC channel (as it was with ventrilo initially) but once people get into the habit, it'll become a useful tool for keeping the community connected.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 07 May 2013 00:01

Another GC archive:

Real Member

Postby N3ST » 07 May 2013 08:40

It was workingm because I was able to play with reaper on tunngle.
It depends which whom I am playing.
I don't know if my DNS can cause those issue, but I will try to change it, otherwise I redirected the port, and I put my self in the DMZ, I cannot do more, my firewall was even turned off :/
We will have to check if with the XP virtual machine I have no issue.

Board-General

Postby Satch » 07 May 2013 20:31

I've typed all this before in several posts elsewhere (this is a common theme with anything I post on this forum), but fuck it, I'll post it again.

IRC is without a doubt the best choice for idling. Unless I'm mistaken, Vent doesn't allow text messaging, which means you can't do simple things like send someone a URL for maps (correct me if I'm wrong). It's important to have a seperate place to idle, especially because people are using two VLANs now.

Stat's point about having to monitor IRC isn't valid, you can configure IRC to handle messages any way you want. The customisability is one of the core reasons that people use it. Stat's problem is mainly caused by him being a lazy bastard, and is not software-related. ;)

Additionally, you'd be suprised how many people turned up in the IRC channel — mostly GC2 people, although some GC players — that don't even know about the forum. I did evangelise the IRC channel, and idled there constantly, but the problem is that people don't like having another program open, it's as simple as that.

IRC also allows you to be more sociable as well — since you're not just focused on playing GC — and resulted in us chatting more amd playing a few other games for fun: Street Fighter (this did not last long due to a certain somebody rage quitting), Quake 3 (this also did not last long), and of course Dota 2.

Note: I didn't stop idling there because of DOTA2 — I stopped idling there because I was literally the only one regularly on except for Mind, Chumpit, and Sarvik.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 08 May 2013 00:59

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 08 May 2013 08:49

PreviousNext

Return to Ground Control - General