[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Tunngle instead of GR

Tunngle instead of GR

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

Tunngle instead of GR

Postby ninja_prime » 03 Feb 2013 08:22

I think its about time I said something about this, so here it goes. I have heard a few gripes about GR and how often it can mess up and cause connection issues etc. I have been testing Tunngle for a while now and so far I have found this really stable and once you get used to it quite easy to use.
stAtrill and myself tested this a few days ago and we found it very good, and guess what we were also able to set up a drop-in DM session, which is something that you can't do with GR at the moment. The only thing that we really need is more vets testing it too.
So if you wan to give it a go then go to this website and install it, its free unless you want to buy the full version.

http://downloads.tunngle.biz/software/T ... .4.3.1.exe

What is Tunngle?

Tunngle is a program from the gaming community, allowing for players playing computer games over the Internet without a public IP address in the MULTIPLAYER mode - LAN GAME. Tunngle is FREE and it is 100% safe software.

How does it work?

Tunngle installation creates a new secure computer network VPN connection. All network communication between the players is then carried through this secure VPN network connection. computers that behave as if they were in the same room directly connected Ethernet cable or connected to one switch / router, as it is done in a LAN Party.

What do I need?

Install PC Tunngle the simple instructions. Make sure that the new secure network connection VPN - Tunngle firewall is not turned on. It is of course necessary to have installed on all computers the same version of the selected game.

How do I set it?

Start Tunngle, create a free user account and login. Then in Tunngle select the game you want to play the game and enter the network. Finally, run the selected game mode and Multiplayer - LAN GAME choose based games (HOST) or search for existing games (JOIN).

Board-General

Re: Tunngle instead of GR

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 03 Feb 2013 15:40

Interesting, I will going to test that.

Thanks for submitting this! :-)

Cheers,
CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 03 Feb 2013 17:28

Its not hard to find me.. my call sign is the same Ninja_Prime, BTW there are other players that log on to the Ground Control forum, but I think they play GC2, I have tried talking to them but they have so far rejected my invites :( How rude !!!!

What pee's me off with GR is that it keeps popping up with an error message that it needs the latest version of Flash to use it, I HAVE THE LATEST VERSION!!!!!! rant over...

Beginner

Postby -Scratchy- » 03 Feb 2013 20:00

Tunngle ID: Crinckle

Add me!

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 04 Feb 2013 20:40

Accepted your invite.. we are now friends on Tunngle.... anyone else want to join? I would love to test a drop-in session.

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 05 Feb 2013 03:59

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 05 Feb 2013 11:27

no problem Stat, if we could a few more vets, that would be great

Board-Major

Postby Chumpit » 06 Feb 2013 18:35

Im more than happy to give it a go, although im not on GC as much as I was. I'll dl so im ready for next time. :)

Board-General

Postby ninja_prime » 06 Feb 2013 21:11

The more people we get on it the better, been testing it from work and it works great, unlike GR which would not work :(
I vote we start using it and testing it somemore.....

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 09 Feb 2013 00:36

We could set up a test day one weekend.

Problem is that GR works most of the time, which as been good enough. But we're already on there so the momentum to change might be difficult. I'm willing to try

Next

Return to Ground Control - General