[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - This Friday night...

This Friday night...

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Board-General

This Friday night...

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 28 Apr 2012 03:36

This game should to be fun, but I feel anger...

Despite I cant play often and have not much training during the last weeks, I saw just the same hit&run OND thing going on again and again. I remembered myself, why I quit the game years ago...

I will not quit!

Some OND lovers like NoX would have won then and this is by no means to accept. :twisted:

But therefore I pledge to have more air-units-allowed-games and also boosters and, if wanted... vortex. Everyone that uses DSL with more than 1 MBit can manage these games - so please keep this out: "Oh my god, we cant play with air.. we could have a lag then"... thats bullshit from the year 2000.

Sorry people, to go on your nerves with it now, but I felt right to say that here.

By the way, who is interested in Voice-Chat? I am thinking about to set up an TS-Server. There is already a ventrilo server set, but its only made for 8 players (limited by the software).

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Re: This Friday night...

Postby stAtrill » 28 Apr 2012 04:41

Another GC archive:

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 28 Apr 2012 10:26

He he, Carter spend more time in writting comments than to play. :-D

By the way, sorry Satch for yesterday night. I was not the gentleman I ought to be...

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Echoscout » 28 Apr 2012 18:41

Sounds like I missed an interesting evening...I can't leave you boys alone for a second! :lol: :)

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 28 Apr 2012 21:20

I don't have a problem playing air games now and then, but I do feel it's imbalanced in favor of CC. Better AAA, better defense with AMS, and bombers that can "throw" nukes. Still, I think it's fun occasionally as long as everyone knows the rules before going in.

Board-Major

Postby Chumpit » 29 Apr 2012 11:20

Board-General

Postby stAtrill » 29 Apr 2012 16:59

I am drooling at the potential depth that air could add to GC matches.

Think about it - it restores the rock-paper-scissors: Order can crush cray head to head all things being equal, but including air Order survivability approaches nothing if people attempt the usual tactic of sending single med squads and rotating them out. If forces more calculated gameplay!

For example, I can see in a large 3v3 or so game one cray user fighter rushes with guaranteed success due to AMS vs shields. Then the rest mop up with their newfound air superiority. Or something similar. There are so many ways this could play out that it is mind boggling.

I guess the only way to find out how awesome it could be is to try it ;)

Another GC archive:

Return to Ground Control - General