[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
www.gcvets.net - View topic - Greetings

Greetings

Post all general things in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Beginner

Greetings

Postby Justinian » 27 Feb 2012 14:41

Greetings to all GC fans and veterans!

It is so great to see that this amazing game still lives and that it has small but very dedicated community and nice forum. I am glad that I have found something like this.
Ground Control is one of my first games that I have got and played on windows platform. I have started to play it in autumn of 2000 when I was 10 years old and I quickly fell in love with it. It brings me a good memories... I would still put GC on my top 10 games ever!

I have played many battles, I consider myself as a experienced player, but unfortunately most of the battles that I have played were in single player. I played 7-8 years ago occasionally and rarely LAN battles with my friends, who were not so experienced and motivated GC players, so I am in no way same class player as most of you GC vets are.

This weekend I met some of GC vets on GameRanger, we played few battles, and it was my first time since a few years ago to play GC. It was great to play again, especially in multiplayer! Despite team win in first battle, I was playing terrible and I even considered to quit. But later a good battle in team with Nox, proved me that I can still keep a pace and I decided to go on and try improve! :)

Although Order of New Dawn is preferable to start with if you are rookie, I would still prefer playing with Crayven Corp. When I was playing GC as a kid, I used to think that OND are bad guys and Crays good ones, so that's why I enjoy them more.

I am looking forward to join you and play together on many upcoming weekends. I hope that some of my rookie mistakes and bad moves won't annoy you so much :)

Board-General

Re: Greetings

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 27 Feb 2012 19:02

Welcome back man!

Crayven Troops are glad to have you back in line to fight that dawnies away from the planets surface - he he he. In the past I was not really able to be around, but this week-end (more saturdays) I really try to be there aswell. 8-)
Cya on the battlefield | gl & hf here. ;)

Greetz :-),
CM

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 29 Feb 2012 01:02

The more the merrier, I say. We were all noobs once, after all. See you out there!

Board-General

Postby Sarvik » 01 Mar 2012 15:55

Board-General

Postby Satch » 01 Mar 2012 22:46

Welcome Justinian. Regarding the OND vs. Cray debate. It's a decade (almost 12 years to be specific) old discussion. Cray aren't really viable in the flatter maps in GC multiplayer (DM1 being the main culprit). You can make them work if you have a good drop zone, take lots of mines and demos and dig in, but that does not make for an exciting game.

It's admirable to stick to your guns regarding the factions, but after you've had a few more multiplayer games under your belt, you'll see what Sarvik means. If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of GC multiplayer maps where Cray are a decent choice.

Learning how to play Order — even poorly, like Nox does — is still advisible, though.

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 02 Mar 2012 09:46

Hi there again,

Indeed you need to play on some maps even more tactical with Cray as with OND (mostly DM_Desert) and the most players (because they dont have tactical skills :-D) stick to OND because their unit attributes are made for just hit and run only. :-P

I can remember very good Crayven Commanders that have had great tactics even with cray meds.

So if you are new, just try both to see the differences but yes, you have to be good to master a game with Cray.

All hail to the corporation! :twisted: :D

“Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.” - Dante

Beginner

Postby Justinian » 03 Mar 2012 01:31

Thank you all for welcoming words, and suggestions. I will consider to play as OND too ;)

Today I just joined to play for a second time and weekend, but unfortunatley this time I don't have PC here, I was stuck playing with laptop (Lenovo N500, integrated graphics), my game in battle got serious FPS drop down, I even lost connection to server, and then I was kicked from a gameranger room, when tried to explain and say sorry for that...

I hope that you won't think of me, because of that, as not serious player, who is coming to make problems and mess and spoil others game... It's a really shame that I have on laptop tecnical problems with playing 12 years old game, it is so bad that I can't properly play GC on it right now...

Anyway I am looking forward to join you next time, when all will be ready and set for action!

Board-General

Postby Admiral Ghat » 03 Mar 2012 03:40

No problem. I think we've all come to expect some tech glitches now and then on Gameranger. I think your PC just got immasculated though, failing to run a game over a decade old :P Hope to see you next time!

Board-General

Postby Satch » 03 Mar 2012 15:39

I wouldn't worry about it Justinian, you will not be banished for having a bad setup.

There were dark days long ago when Sarvik used to crash out of 50% of his games — making him a complete liability when he was on your team. Nowadays, he's still a liability, but not due to crashing. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Board-General

Postby [Crayven-Marine] » 03 Mar 2012 16:27

Yo Satch, you are love to bash players, right?! 8-)

Well, it's not the problem if you miss some week-ends. I was even was not able to play a couple of week-ends. But I will be there tonight (Saturday here).

Hope to see ya then!

Next

Return to Ground Control - General